Music for the dark...

its a zipped audio file, once you unzip it, it immediately turns your web cam on and hooks its feed up to a remote server, it then causes the motherboard to overheat and release toxic fumes from the microconducters strong enough to cause you to pass out. At which point the triad (who are running this gig) contact their local reps and have them do over your house and steal your kidneys. If you dont have a web cam its monitors your keystrokes, once the word spelling become erratic and is followed by "bh gnyju" they know that youve passed out face first onto the keyboard and notify the boys (incidentally i banged my face off the keybaord to bring up that stream of letters)

jesus wept :erk:

Bambi said:
its a zipped audio file, once you unzip it, it immediately turns your web cam on and hooks its feed up to a remote server, it then causes the motherboard to overheat and release toxic fumes from the microconducters strong enough to cause you to pass out. At which point the triad (who are running this gig) contact their local reps and have them do over your house and steal your kidneys. If you dont have a web cam its monitors your keystrokes, once the word spelling become erratic and is followed by "bh gnyju" they know that youve passed out face first onto the keyboard and notify the boys (incidentally i banged my face off the keybaord to bring up that stream of letters)

jesus wept :erk:

iknewit

no mp3 filesharing is legal. Any artist so far who is on this that heard it didn't care and was actually more than happy i used their work. I ended up getting 2 artists entire discographies for free because they liked it so much, as long as i sent them the original uncompressed mix.

siderea said:
why do you think it would give the same effect to everybody?
darkness isn't to be experienced in the same way by everybody i think.
for me the ideal listening conditions could actually be with the first spring sun on my feets in an empty house
everybodies room is different anyway... circumstances are different.

i heard the first mix and i did like it, i will listen to it more often, but not only in the dark.

Somehow i missed this the first time through. The reason i think so is simply physiological. Sensory deprivation heightens other senses, and without vision, and plus "laying there" so touch isn't really an issue, the one sense that gets all the input would be hearing. Also, because of the nature of this music, a lot of it is the type in which the sounds mimic real life type things... it's not just about the "notes", it's about the actual SOUND of what is going on. That, in addition to the fact that the ambience manipulates open space a lot of times, blocking vision so that you don't have a visual message conflicting with the audio message of "huge cavernous space" or whatever it may be interfering. Just trust me on this: I've given this a lot of thought over the last few years. Plus, i think you're crazy if some of the stuff in this mix would sound best with the sun on your feet... did you listen past the first 20 minutes? it gets DRASTICALLY different, and it gets different a couple times.

So whats with the hiss running all the way through it? Is that part of the overall effect:ill:
Apart from that and sticking songs in the middle of ambient stuff, its alright like

You're so meeeeeeeeean
bowl_2.gif

Bambi said:
So whats with the hiss running all the way through it? Is that part of the overall effect:ill:
Apart from that and sticking songs in the middle of ambient stuff, its alright like

That would be a problem with your setup, i reccomend investing in better equipment. The volume of most of the music was dropped 10 decibels because the use of classical, which has such a volume range that the quiet parts of those pieces would seem awkward without it. So i took close to the average volume of them, set the volume of everything else to that, and then it sounded normal, plus it made the crescendos of the choral stuff that much more intense. This 10 decibel drop does bring the noise floor up a bit because the volume has to be set louder, but it shouldn't be that noticable unless the equipment you use is sub par.

And the only time songs were stuck in ambient would be 1 part, and i think it was entirely fitting. But thanks for actually making a comment besides a picture or a joke.

Mumblefood said:
That would be a problem with your setup, i reccomend investing in better equipment. The volume of most of the music was dropped 10 decibels because the use of classical, which has such a volume range that the quiet parts of those pieces would seem awkward without it. So i took close to the average volume of them, set the volume of everything else to that, and then it sounded normal, plus it made the crescendos of the choral stuff that much more intense. This 10 decibel drop does bring the noise floor up a bit because the volume has to be set louder, but it shouldn't be that noticable unless the equipment you use is sub par.

And the only time songs were stuck in ambient would be 1 part, and i think it was entirely fitting. But thanks for actually making a comment besides a picture or a joke.

jeez, i didnt think that Audigy2 running a digital out to 700 quid worth of sound system would become sub par so quickly :ill: its probably just another input on the soundcard thats turned on and picking up noise, but its more fun winding you up :Spin:

so complete darkness, total enviromental silence, meoderate ambience, brand new set of speakers, pro sound card: anything else you need to appreciate this thing properly?