Music for the Road

And no one has said Highway to Hell? SHAME!

On the way to Leeds for Maiden's gig there, Highway to Hell came on, which could not have been a more fitting moment!

Other than that, just really classic sing a long stuff is a must! Maiden, Priest, Saxon, Kiss, Scorpions, Skid Row...great stuff.

Thrash is awesome too, chuggy stuff like Coma of Souls-era Kreator.

High On Maiden said:
And no one has said Highway to Hell? SHAME!

On the way to Leeds for Maiden's gig there, Highway to Hell came on, which could not have been a more fitting moment!

Other than that, just really classic sing a long stuff is a must! Maiden, Priest, Saxon, Kiss, Scorpions, Skid Row...great stuff.

Thrash is awesome too, chuggy stuff like Coma of Souls-era Kreator.

Emperor's 'In The Nightside Eclipse' fits nicely with foggy night time driving; I'm sure a lot of other black metal would too.

Black Metal is good to listen to at night in the rain. I know it sounds gay, but I find it to be true. I just did that listening to Burzum's self-titled and found it quite fitting.

I know I'm probably alone on this, but I like melancholy and usually repetitive music while I'm driving...current driving CD in my car:

1. Agalloch - As Embers Dress The Sky
2. Amorphis - Black Winter Day
3. Demigod - Tears of God
4. Eucharist - Greeting Immortality
5 Fleshcrawl - Perpetual Dawn
6. The Chasm - A Portal To Nowhere
7. Beatrik - Buried Among Skeletal Woods
8. Abyssic Hate - Depression Part I
9. Angantyr - En Falden Kriger
10. Tenebrae In Perpetuum - Un Sogno Oscuro
11. Arckanum - Haexhammer
12. Negura Bunget - A Vint In Abis

Perdition's Light said:
I know I'm probably alone on this, but I like melancholy and usually repetitive music while I'm driving...current driving CD in my car:

Only for cruising...

I need mellow stuff while driving, especially during freakin' rush hour traffic. Waiting half an hour to drive 2 miles while listening to black or death metal would probably cause me to shoot someone. :zombie:

It took me two hours once to drive 15 miles to work, good thing I had Agalloch and Shape of Despair in the car.

Nile- Black hand of set
Kalmah- withering away
arch enemy- we will rise
carcass- black star
cannibal corpse- blowtorch slaughter
cannibal corpse- hammer smashed face
in flames- december flower
cryptopsy- slit your guts
cryptopsy- phobophile
nile- Execration tract
any dissection, amon amarth, vital remains, skinless, bolt thrower, chaimera, dark tranquility, and kalmah that i can get. Im also a slayer fan

Life Sucks said:
Death metal is great driving music. I like black metal just as much as I like death metal, but it doesn't work as well for driving music as death metal does. Heavy thrash is also good driving music.

Black metal is great at night, tremendous atmosphere.

Messiah - Extreme Cold Weather has proven to be very...interesting driving music.