Music to be miserable to...

To be honest, all you need is

My Dying Bride - The Dreadful Hours

But I should really start exploring the Doom genre more, because I only know the most known bands.

hahaha, I'm serious though about Face Value. Don't get me wrong. I hate what Messers Collins, Banks, and Rutherford did to genesis after 1980 and every solo album Collins made after Face Value was crap, but Face Value is a great record. Collins was pretty much non-existant at the time to the vast majority of the population. Genesis was only starting to become popular outside of physicists with long beards. Collins wrote the majority of the material while going through what would be the first of several divorces and it shows. He's bummed. Even though that album is over a quarter century old, I still listen to it when I'm down.

^really?:err: I was always under the impression that everything Collins did after '77 was toilet paper. Guess I'll have to check it out then.

Epitaph - King Crimson
H. - Tool
3 Libras - A Perfect Circle
Still day Beneath the Sun - OPETH
more out there but cbf remembering them

Yes metal-wrath, Slipknot is shit, but telling someone to die for recommending one of their songs for being miserable to is a little harsh.