- Morgion: Solinari
- Rapture: Futile
- Everything But The Girl: Walking Wounded
- REM: Automatic for the People
- Burzum: Det Som Engang Var, Aske, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
- Nirvana: Unplugged In New York
- Unholy: Rapture
- Juliana Hatfield: parts of Hey Babe, parts of Become What You Are

You want depressing you need to get into the Blues.
Try some Skip James- Devil got my Woman

Star of Ash - iter.viator
October Falls - Marras, Tuoni
Buckethead - Electric Tears, Colma
Klimt 1918 - Secession Makes Post Modern Music
Agalloch - Tomorrow Will Never Come, Pale Folklore
Boards of Canada
Mouth of the Architect - Time and Withering
The Big O OST - Apologize,Apostle,Tears,Sleep My Dear

Dont kill me for saying this, Cuz i know its Emo core, but i guess it was just the circumstances when i first heard it that made me feel really sad (my friend had suicidal thoughts and she recommended this song)

It dies today - The Caitiff Choir: Defeatism. The ending of that song drags on...but in the right mood, it takes you to a world of misery and sadness.

Novembre's 'Nottetempo' really did it for me when my Italian ex-girlfriend dumped me... beautiful tune, and great (Italian!) lyrics.

I think maybe any song can be genuinely depressing, given the right personal circumstances. I find 'Chamber' by InMe massively depressing (excellent song, btw), but only really because it reminds me of someone I loved and lost. Would I find that song really depressing otherwise? Who knows?
Does that make sense?

any song that reminds you of a certain period of time/person can be depressing but this thread is generally concentrating on music that doesnt need this element and is just generally depressing anyways

Opeth Damnation
Swallow the Sun-The Morning Never Came
Katatonia- Any
there are many classical cds that are very dark and depressing. You can probably just type in sad classical music in a search and find a million things.haha

There's alot of bands that have a song or two, but those above you can pretty much really embrace the depression and have a time and release it all.

Isolation Years by Opeth
makes me sad..
uhmm
Perdition City by Ulver
are depressing..
Veritas Aequitas and Broken Wings by Darkest Hour..

and completely not related to metal at all..
Coldplay
-the scientist
-fix you
-amsterdam
James Blunt
etcc

opethXisXlove916 said:
James Blunt

I find it depressing that James Blunt exists. And even more depressing than that is the fact that he got a record deal. Has anyone actually listened to that 'Youre Beautiful' garbage?

Worst.
Lyrics.
Ever.

But, if it does it for ya when yer miserable, then great :)
But may I just ask... why?

Evanescence - My Immortal (Album Version) IMHO the most beautiful ballad ever written!
Saybia - The Second You Sleep
Pearl Jam - Black
Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade out)
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris