Musical Pet Peeves

Townsend is a fucking goof and not one thing he's put out has been overly interesting.

I'm ashamed to call myself a Canadian because of him.

You should be ashamed to call yourself a Canadian because of Mr. Lahey.

@Ozzman: You obviously haven't listened to enough Townsend.

OF SALESMEN!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOF SAAAALESMEN!!

No seriously I like Rush and don't mind Lee, or at least I can't imagine Rush with another singer.

I don't know how anyone can hate Avril... If you see one of her music videos coming up, just turn down the volume and get out the hand cream. Avril makes me proud to be Canadian

"Subdivisions" is great if you don't mind the synth-heavy 80's period.

electricity!
BIOLOGY!
seeeems to me its chemistry!

No seriously, Signals is prob the best from the synth period.

EDIT: Ooooo, I got one: When a metal song is mostly softer parts than actual metal. For example, though I love Om, their 16 minute song "At Giza" is 13 minutes of softer bass lines and 3 minutes of metal....its like, at that point why not just make the whole song a soft one?

You should listen to the 2112 suite and "Tom Sawyer" to get a good idea of Rush as a band. Their earliest songs from the first albums like "Working Man" and "Fly by Night" sound a little bit close to Led Zeppelin if you like that band.

I have tried and failed to get into Rush. I listened to Moving Pictures in it's entirety. It's not just that Geddy Lee's voice is horrible. I just wasn't interested at all in the music.

-Micro songs i.e. pig destroyer, napalm death
-too long of intro samples: most brutal death :p

Gorguts and Rush (well, Lifeson and Peart anyways, Lee can fuck off) do redeem my country at least.

there's other good Canadian bands. Annihilator and Orchidectomy are Canucks if I'm not mistaken. and well, rush sucks :p