Musician's thread

If anyone has some time to kill and wants to read some Facebook drama, here's a story about a guy from Melbourne who ordered a custom guitar from an Indonesian luthier which cost $6k and took 3 years to arrive riddled with major problems and completely unplayable. The guy tried to get a refund and was threatened by the company that Gary Holt would ruin him somehow and a pic has surfaced of the luthier holding a dog on a bandsaw.

Thread:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2200347683352261&id=100001311526844

Page:
https://m.facebook.com/kemlionheart/

Saw this yesterday. I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon calling him an idiot and asking why he didn't just get something from Ibanez or some other reputable company if he was already shelling out $6000 -- the work he wanted would have cost a hell of a lot more with a reputable company. Here's to trying to save a buck.

There was some big drama on the Aluminum Guitars group on Facebook a couple of months back in which Electrical Guitar Company had been jerking this guy's chain with a guitar he'd ordered three years prior and shelled out a comparable amount. A couple of weeks later, problem solved as a result of the uproar. At least Kevin from EGC's problem isn't his ability to make good guitars. He's just got management issues.

Saw this yesterday. I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon calling him an idiot and asking why he didn't just get something from Ibanez or some other reputable company if he was already shelling out $6000 -- the work he wanted would have cost a hell of a lot more with a reputable company. Here's to trying to save a buck.
Yeah lots of high & mighty asssholes calling him an idiot and kicking him while he’s down, it’s shit. I think he genuinely loved what he saw of their work and it does look to be pretty quality (horrible styling, but each to their own) from the pics and vids, and then with Gary Holt owning and posting pics with one, why would he have any reason to doubt? Lots of stories of bad experiences coming out of the woodwork after the fact but how was he supposed to know?

There was some big drama on the Aluminum Guitars group on Facebook a couple of months back in which Electrical Guitar Company had been jerking this guy's chain with a guitar he'd ordered three years prior and shelled out a comparable amount. A couple of weeks later, problem solved as a result of the uproar. At least Kevin from EGC's problem isn't his ability to make good guitars. He's just got management issues.
Heh, a mate of mine had a bass built by them a couple of years ago, cost about $7000 shipped and he hated the thing and sold it soon after.

I can’t see this guy getting his money back from Lionheart unfortunately. Looks like their rep is toast. His only hope now would probably be if Gary Holt got directly involved to help him out.

Well since being quarantined I've picked up my guitars again.
A buddy of mine that lives in NYC let me have his Marshall MG15 amp that has been sitting in his parents basement.
So I've been doing a Riff of the day! on my instagram stories. It's fun stuff.
Recently I bought an interface, a Focusrite Scarlett Solo and a Neural DSP Cali plugin so I can play on my computer. I also bought a Digitech GSP1101 preamp.
Recorded a riff on Reaper daw and messing with panning right and left and another guitar track. Then I edited it with a video program.
This shit's fun!
Anyways, here's that riff, it's like a death metal intro

And here's the gear I've been using that's not my computer.
IMG_20200510_195524_387.jpg

IMG_20200510_195524_383.jpg

Reactions: Sophii
Well since being quarantined I've picked up my guitars again.
A buddy of mine that lives in NYC let me have his Marshall MG15 amp that has been sitting in his parents basement.
So I've been doing a Riff of the day! on my instagram stories. It's fun stuff.
Recently I bought an interface, a Focusrite Scarlett Solo and a Neural DSP Cali plugin so I can play on my computer. I also bought a Digitech GSP1101 preamp.
Recorded a riff on Reaper daw and messing with panning right and left and another guitar track. Then I edited it with a video program.
This shit's fun!
Anyways, here's that riff, it's like a death metal intro

And here's the gear I've been using that's not my computer.
View attachment 24758

View attachment 24759

Fucking massive m8

Started playing guitar recently after not playing any music for like 6 years, god damn it feels good. Playing an Epiphone Les Paul through a Laney Ironheart combo amp.

Reactions: Baroque