Musician's thread

Bought my first FR guitar this week (I play bass). I didn’t know a goddam thing about FR. I hooked it up to my amp and decided it was slightly out of tune so I turned the tuning keys. Nothing happened. So I turned it again. And again. The string broke. I decided to go ahead and break two more strings lol before I realized they are locked at the nut. Was not drunk. Yet.

Sweet, I'll check that out when I'm not at work. And yeah, I currently play in a couple of groups. One of them is a straight up jazz band, the other is kinda this jazz/hip hop hybrid.

Glad to hear you're still playing man.

Here's a recent gig I played at:

Good stuff dude, what venue is that? Looks familiar.

Reactions: jimmy101
Cheers bro. That was at the Reverence in Footscray. Unfortunately they closed it down a few weeks ago.

Yeah, crowd was pretty decent. Happened to be one of the last gigs there so I think most people in the area were keen to see it off. Definitely a shame though as another live music venue in Footscray is due to close down soon as well. Really sucks. Where in Melb are you from again?

Yeah, crowd was pretty decent. Happened to be one of the last gigs there so I think most people in the area were keen to see it off. Definitely a shame though as another live music venue in Footscray is due to close down soon as well. Really sucks. Where in Melb are you from again?
Ah yeah The Dancing Dog? I never went there but I heard it was an institution. You from out west? I'm in Fitzroy.

Reactions: jimmy101
Yeah dude. You heard about that! Seems like Fitzroy/Brunswick are the only real places for local music left.

Yeah, I live in the 'Scray.

Yeah dude. You heard about that! Seems like Fitzroy/Brunswick are the only real places for local music left.

Yeah, I live in the 'Scray.
Yeah I heard through another band we’ve gigged with. Big hole in the music scene out West now, I hope something new opens up.

You got any Bandcamp/Facebook page action happening for your bands?

Also now we’re in this thread you’ve gotta list/post pics of your gear :D

Hopefully, yeah. There are a few places left, but they're all relatively small and not suited to the larger gigs that the Rev was able to host.

No FB or bandcamp as of yet for us. We're a bit hopeless when it comes to social media hah. But we have done a recording, just unreleased as of yet. We really gotta get our arses into gear, we've just been doing gigs lately. Played out at The Basin music festival a few weeks ago. Was a really nice weekend away.

Can do, I will post some pics of my gear very soon.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
Shame, I fucking love those things, but I would NEVER use it for clean sounds. They are dirty as fuck.
My thinking is that if I can’t get a decent clean sound out of it, then I’m just distorting a sound I’m not not happy with. The whole good thing about the amp is the ability to blend clean and dirty. I should’ve just bought a DG pedal.