Muslim Maniacs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Crycheck, sorry if I offended you but I personally have never seen the big deal with a country's flag, any country. If someone was to burn the British flag I wouldn't really have a problem with that, it's only a bit of cloth and if that resulted in the British rioting and so on I would think they were simply over-reacting. Although the intention of the action may be 'we hate your country, we hope it gets nuked' or whatever, it's not actually going to happen, the country is not going to suffer, so I don't see that big deal.

To the above replies.
The banning of the Hajib was not seen as a way of liberating the women in France, it was a way of reducing the overt religious statement of it, the same as wearing huge crosses. This line of thought was repeated in Britain when it was underdiscussion. It has nothing to do with femine rights at all.

Also, muslim girls often want to wear the hajib and dress fully, it is in the Qu'ran and they Qu'ran is what they wish to follow. Perhaps you should read the article below which tells you that religious symbols have been banned in some French schools, not just the hajib and nothing to do with feminine rights.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4395934.stm

Also, I do not see how Islam being the fastest growing religion in Britain has anything to do with colonisation. It is FACT that Britains population is slowing down and will eventually go into reverse for a variety of reasons. Old people are living longer due to medical advances, and better healthcare and geriatric care. People are not getting married as much as they used to and consequently are not having as many kids as they used to, and even if they do get married they often choose not to have children until later in life. This is due to better sex education and the increased availability of contraceptives, but more importantly due to increased education for girls. As a result, girls are getting a good education, thus want a good career and are putting off having a family until it is too late. As a result of this and a variety of other factors, Britain may, in the distant future have to encourage immigration to reverse the population trend. Yes, Muslim families often have bigger families than non-muslim families, often as a result of what was said above not being true of Muslim as much as of Christians, but I find it hard to believe that they do this as a result of a deepset desire to colonise Britain. Not only this but many people convert to Islam, hence way it is a growing religion. And then you have the immigrants coming here from the Middle East to escape prejudice and so on, who are muslim, which thus increases the Islamic population of Britain.

Also, I think the statement about hating other people because of the way they look is utter garbage. I do not hate people based on their colour or on any other factor affecting the way they look. I do not shout abuse or threaten physically disabled - or mentally disabled people for that matter - just as I do not to anybody else of my skin colour or of any other colour. The use of 'hate' is thoroughly stupid. Of course people do get treated differently based on what they look like, be it due to a deformaty or skin colour, but generally they are not hated by anyone other than racists. Of course physically disabled people get insulted by school kids, I know people that do it, but this is not down to 'hate' just immaturity and stupidity, as Lord SteveO said of racists, it often because they do not know any better

I am sure a lot of idiots do hate people for being different. Only recently a family was murdered when arsonist teenagers set fire to their home. A girl who lived there had been repeatedly bullied because she was mentally challenged. This culminated in the attack. I have myself been a victim of having an English accent in Scotland during my childhood. Had I been black I would have put it down to whites hating blacks, a mistaken belief that must be common. I am not talking about a few incidents here, but everyday aggression and the fact that I was shy and fairly unsociable also marked me out as different. So I am talking from experience as a victim in a way that you have evidently never encountered yourself. (It was a case of: what does not kill me makes me stronger - so this treatment was beneficial in the end.)
Neith, you also said that you think in the far future there may have to be a policy of bringing in immigrants to counteract the birth defecit in Britian. I have heard politicians and European ministers say (years ago) that Europe needs immigrants badly for this very reason - now.

Britain is over-populated as it is at the moment, in the future the decreasing population will be a big problem. And I have been victim of bullying at school, and I found it quite difficult to deal (as do all who are bullied) with as I was tought at home until the age of 14/15. But bullying is hardly ever down to hate, just immaturity and a lack of understanding. So many people are asked why they do something nasty and they can RARELY come up with an actual reason, and although they may use the word 'hate' they rarely mean it. There may be dislike and even intense dislike but hate is such a strong word and is used too commonly. I assume that the arsonist teenagers were caught and identified as the people who bullied the girl? If someone was to ask them if they hated the girl and they replied yes, and were further asked to justify this 'hate' I bet they couldn't. Hate is just an easy word to use for too many people, for too many situations.

Neith said:
Britain is over-populated as it is at the moment, in the future the decreasing population will be a big problem. And I have been victim of bullying at school, and I found it quite difficult to deal (as do all who are bullied) with as I was tought at home until the age of 14/15. But bullying is hardly ever down to hate, just immaturity and a lack of understanding. So many people are asked why they do something nasty and they can RARELY come up with an actual reason, and although they may use the word 'hate' they rarely mean it. There may be dislike and even intense dislike but hate is such a strong word and is used too commonly. I assume that the arsonist teenagers were caught and identified as the people who bullied the girl? If someone was to ask them if they hated the girl and they replied yes, and were further asked to justify this 'hate' I bet they couldn't. Hate is just an easy word to use for too many people, for too many situations.

Hate is too easy a word to use, you are right. It is very annoying for me that people who have an obsession with multiculturalism say that those who think it is harmful and dangerous have hatred. It is name calling really. It would be at least as accurate to counter that there is at least as much hatred coming from the opposing view. In fact I would say there is more.

I really think that the few idiot boys that bullied me at school felt hate because they would have liked me to die and would have laughed, I could just tell from some of the incidents. (But because they felt that way to me, the feeling became mutual...).
These experiences have really opened my eyes and that is how I understand the viciousness that exists in the world, but is too hard for gullible liberals to apprehend, with their rosey tinted view of humanity.

you truly believe that school boys wanted you dead because you were english? you must have gone to a really bad scottish school. i dont think anyone in my school wants anyone dead, yeh there is animosity and some people might say that they would and perhaps believe what they said. but if it came down to it they couldnt do it and wouldnt really mean it.

Neith said:
you truly believe that school boys wanted you dead because you were english? you must have gone to a really bad scottish school. i dont think anyone in my school wants anyone dead, yeh there is animosity and some people might say that they would and perhaps believe what they said. but if it came down to it they couldnt do it and wouldnt really mean it.
in america there are black (intsead of mexican) parts of the ghettoville areas where a white guy will be instantly shot just for being white unless he's got a black freind standing next to him

but do you think if they were asked why, that they could come up with a good reason other than 'he's white' and so on? is it truly hatred or just lack of knowledge? when i think about this i'm not so sure.

Neith said:
but do you think if they were asked why, that they could come up with a good reason other than 'he's white' and so on? is it truly hatred or just lack of knowledge? when i think about this i'm not so sure.
it's partially black pride, the way KKK members will kill any random black guy when they get into a situation of thinking they can get away with it, but it's also partially terotorial "white people ain't supposed to be here, this is our part of town"

Speed and I have decided to close this thread.

If anyone wishes to initiate a new thread, then feel free to do so. Providing it states a reasonably philosophical question to base a thread upon!

Status
Not open for further replies.