My 5 favorite bands (bored at work here) what are yours?

Pain Of Salvation

Nevermore

Opeth

Mekong Delta

many rotate in and out of this spot which currently would be Mikael Harris's solo stuff

only at the mo, but the first two will always be forever lol. but ill say why too

1. Symphony X - The best guitarist in metal (IMO) and the bestsinger of all time. Kickass metal riffs, astonishing proggy instrumentation and the best neoclassical metal ever.

2. Opeth - I dont think i need to say

3. Pain of Salvation - a prog band that doesnt sound anything like prog = true prog lol. Just amazing music that extreemily personal and emotional.

4. Nevermore - just pure kickass, brutal riffs and great playing. Great lyrics too.

5. Adagio - check out underworld! masterpeice of prog metal. Heavy, symphonic, dark, proggy, melodic and...just good. If you like SyX, youl love this band.

Runners up are; Meshuggah, Dream Theater, Evergrey and COB

ALL TIME:
Opeth
Katatonia
Led Zeppelin
The Cure
Lacuna Coil (simply for her voice)

HONOURABLE MENTIONS:
Black Sabbath
Arch Enemy
Dark Tranquillity
Amorphis
Emporer
Anathema
Nick Drake
Jeff Buckley
Porcupine Tree

oh shit, I'd better stop now!

Hello everybody, I just registered to this forum but I've been lurking here for quite a while now so I thought that this would be a good thread to start.

My five favourite bands change constantly (except for those three first bands in my list) so this is what I feel today:

Iron Maiden
Rush
Opeth
Black Sabbath
Queensrÿche