My top ten records of the year...

DreamingofUr said:
Thanks for saying exact because I never said EXACT in the first fucking place. People can't even fucking read anymore and I'm supposed to except someone's taste as good? I think not and no matter how you slice it...Manson fuckin blows. Nothing like posing for the media huh? And I don't give a fuck who you like but thanks for the short bio.
I don't give a fuck who you DON'T like, nor do I care if you said exact or not. That's not even the point. The point is it doesn't matter what other bands someone listens to, we're here because we all like Opeth. I've been a huge fan since 1998. I'm sure you're just a young kid and have quite a bit to learn about having an open mind, but you might want to drop the elitist attitude. You're no better than anyone else here, trust me.

Naglfar - Sheol
Darkthrone - Hate Them
Opeth - Damnation
Windir - Likferd
Enslaved - Below the Lights
Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon
Bathory - Nordland II
Finntroll - Visor Om Slutet
Summoning - Lost Tales
Nevermore - Enemies of Reality

DreamingofUr said:
Am I the only one who thought the majority of those bands suck including the ones he missed? I mean Manson?? Because of shit like that I just dig deeper into the past before diving into anything recent. I mean John Arch? I heard that whole fucking thing the day it came out and it was a load of shit. Portnoy never seems to create ANYTHING new for himself since FII and the continued use of him by prog side acts only makes his style that much more stale.

On a side note, this forum is getting so fucking lame. I've seen so many people who like Opeth along with other lame bullshit. I can't stomach the posts much longer.
Do us all a huge favour and F U C K O F F

Triumphant Apostle said:
I don't give a fuck who you DON'T like, nor do I care if you said exact or not. That's not even the point. The point is it doesn't matter what other bands someone listens to, we're here because we all like Opeth. I've been a huge fan since 1998. I'm sure you're just a young kid and have quite a bit to learn about having an open mind, but you might want to drop the elitist attitude. You're no better than anyone else here, trust me.

If you don't care don't read it. Coming from someone who can't read I won't even acknowledge you called me a kid. Realize there is more shit out there then what is placed in front of you past present and future, Kid. And by that rational if a fan of all pop music and numetal came in here cause he liked Opeth, his taste would be just as respectable as ours? I think not. Cool since 98, I've been one since 2002 and your point is? Who is trying to sound like the elitist here? Thanks for thinking I sound like an elitist but I don't think my attitude can be labeled especially by some fuckin moron. And I won't trust anyone that can't read. Thx.

DreamingofUr said:
If you don't care don't read it. Coming from someone who can't read I won't even acknowledge you called me a kid. Realize there is more shit out there then what is placed in front of you past present and future, Kid. And by that rational if a fan of all pop music and numetal came in here cause he liked Opeth, his taste would be just as respectable as ours? I think not. Cool since 98, I've been one since 2002 and your point is? Who is trying to sound like the elitist here? Thanks for thinking I sound like an elitist but I don't think my attitude can be labeled especially by some fuckin moron. And I won't trust anyone that can't read. Thx.
You just did acknowledge it, BOY. I'm well aware of everything that's out there and I definitely don't need some wet behind the ears little punk to preach to me. You say I'm a moron? I think everyone here can see that you're the one who's a fucking idiot. You're clearly some little pussy that's a real tough guy behind his keyboard and nowhere else.

Yes. I'm the idiot that can't read plain fuckin english and contradicts himself by tough guy name calling rather then trying to justify his own view. Yes, I admit to these things and will not fight for the last word because youre obviously much to witty for me.

On a side note. How can some people refuse to comment on this? Open mind is exactly the opposite of what people think it is. Having an open mind is so common a mindset that people forget they are allowed not to like something. If you have reasons for not liking someone or something you should fucking say so. You close the mind to somethings to fully explore what you are open to and what brings you most joy. If someone loved death metal above all other things why would you ever explore doom, grindcore, or black metal? To say you know a lot about music or to measure up against other peoples knowledge of music or maybe to look for that same feeling? If you don't enjoy it more then the other why waste time with it? Explore what you love!! Its easy to just say its ok because people wont bash you for it. But when you say it sucks is when your voicing actual thoughts and not just going the safe route. I'm only saying this to those who I think want to back me on this but don't wanna risk forum rep. by being labeled "closeminded".

jester00 said:
you guys are so lame. stop ruining the thread. you are like little babies fighting to get the last word in
I hate to say it, but I agree. I have been a member of Ultimate Metal for two years now, and I've never gotten into a pissing match with someone before now because it does ruin threads. This guy just pissed me off quite a bit with his attitude, but I've said all I have to say to him so I'm done with that.

Fuckin' killer year for metal...

Opeth - Damnation
Cradle of Filth - Damnation and a Day
Katatonia - Viva Emptiness
Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll
Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armaggedon
Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion
Nevermore - Enemies of Reality
Devin Townsend Band - Accellerated Evolution
Soilwork - Figure Number Five
Marduk - World Funeral

The Crown - "Deathrace King"
The Crown - "Crowned In Terror"
Testament - "The Gathering"
Opeth - "My Arms, Your Hearse"
Vintersorg - "Visions From The Spiral Generator"
Death - "Individual Thought Patterns"
Entombed - "Left Hand Path"
At The Gates - "Slaughter Of The Soul"
In Thy Dreams - "Highest Beauty"
Novembre - "Arte Novecente"

I'm all over the last decade. Meh.

1. Nevermore - Enemies of Reality
2. Opeth - Damnation
3. Skyfire - Mind Revolution
4. The Crown - Possessed 13
5. Lamb of God - As The Palaces Burn
6. The Haunted - One Kill Wonder
7. Callenish Circle - My Passion/Your Pain
8. Sinner - There Will Be Execution
9. Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll
10. Machine Head - Through The Ashes of Empires

ooooh, toughie. No order, just the ten.

Circle of Dead Children - Human Harvest
Lamb of God - As the Palaces Burn
Skyfire - Mind Revolution
Ondskapt - Draco Sit Mihi Dux
Callenish Circle - My Passion Your Pain
Melechesh - Spyhnx
Dying Fetus - Stop at Nothing
Iron Maiden - Dance of Death
Amon Amarth - Versus the World
Psycroptic - Scepter of the Ancients

I dunno if these are all from this year, but I listened to them a lot:
Opeth - Damnation
The Haunted - One kill wonder
Nevermore - Enemies of reality
Immolation - Unholy cult
Katatonia - Viva emptiness
Bloodbath - Ressurection Through Carnage
Unleashed - Hell's unleashed
Strapping young lad - SYL
and many many more which I cant think of righ now, however, this was definately the year of Opeth!:)

Ásmegin – Hin Vordende Sod & Sø
Anathema – A Natural Disaster
Arch Enemy – Anthems Of Rebellion
Dimmu Borgir – Death Cult Armageddon
Dream Theater – Train Of Thought
Edge Of Sanity – Crimson II
Einherjer – Blot
Enslaved – Below The Lights
Epica – The Phantom Agony
Evergrey – Recreation Day
Finntroll – Visor Om Slutet
Iron Maiden – Dance Of Death