My Argosy Arrived

Yeah, I guess it depends on the person for that. I have the occasional smoke, but never around my amps or gear. If it's a club gig where smoking is actually still allowed (haven't gigged in a couple years lol), than I have no choice.

-Joe

Sweet desk Joey, makin' me get the drive to build my own again after putting it off for the past 2 months haha.

~006

cigarette smoke is an enemy to your gear though.... and some clients that don't smoke might find it impossible to stay for long in a room with you.... or in the room at all if it reeks of old smoke.

+1

I, for example can't stand being in a smoker's room. At some places just standing there for 5 minutes without anyone smoking at the moment makes your clothes stick like hell.

Yeah i have to be honest , i visited joey's studio a year or so ago...And yeah The Cigarette's were Horrendous , I surely wouldn't put all that money in that gear only to smoke around it and turn it yellow and make it stink. I got to keep my room like a hospital or I start freaking out.

Joey should switch to weed. Doesn't smell after an hour or so, nor does it smell anything like cigs ;) And the smoke doesn't contain all those ridiculous chemicals that turn shit colors and sticks to stuff :D

For the record, I also smoke cigarettes myself, but never around gear and only outside. Smoking in a room feels wrong to me :lol:

~006

Joey should switch to weed. Doesn't smell after an hour or so, nor does it smell anything like cigs ;) And the smoke doesn't contain all those ridiculous chemicals that turn shit colors and sticks to stuff :D

For the record, I also smoke cigarettes myself, but never around gear and only outside. Smoking in a room feels wrong to me :lol:

~006

+1

That's not to say it doesn't bother clients. I always ask beforehand though, I let clients know that I do smoke weed while tracking and mixing, but if it bothers them in the least bit then I will not indulge. Reason being that regardless of what makes me comfortable, the musicians need to be comfortable above all. I would say most people, even smokers, would not want to be surrounded by cigarette smoke while recording/mixing their music, but so far of all the projects I have under my belt nobody has told me that it bothered them if I loaded a bowl ;)

~006

i keep a window open and a have the bands exhale torwards the window with the fan sucking all of the smoke out..haha even in the winter. but god damn man. you save so much more time letting bands smoke in your room

but so far of all the projects I have under my belt nobody has told me that it bothered them if I loaded a bowl
Crazy clients you have man! I guess I would really doubt the studio/engineer if that happened to me haha! Especially in a more expensive studio. Recording is not fun - its serious work!;)

Even though there's nothing I like as much as sitting indoors with a cup of coffee and a cigarette, I never do it in my place. I smoke a pack a day and I can still easily notice the stench when I walk into a place of heavy indoors smoking. My parents, who I lived with for 18 years, smoked in the house, and even though my room was on the other floor and the opposite side of the house, you still couldn't escape the smell, so no thanks for me :)

i slip up and smoke ciggs in my control room on occasion if i want to keep working and not take a break....

trees on the other hand just go to the closet , pick your weapon of choice from the extensive collection, spark it and dont fuck up the rotation:headbang: it brings the vibes

cigarette smoke is an enemy to your gear though.... and some clients that don't smoke might find it impossible to stay for long in a room with you.... or in the room at all if it reeks of old smoke.

pfft...joey not smoking is like peter north not busting nuts on bitches faces

apparently you dont know about me much haha. i smoke like a freight train, and thats just something you deal with when you work with me.