• COVER NUMBER 2

Votes: 49 49.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the_drip

Martriden K
Jan 8, 2004
Spokane WA.
Please help us pick a front cover for our upcoming debut album...also....when it comes out ( July/August) plz buy it frum uz..thnx. Opeth should buy it 2. and tell all the labels how ausum we are. :kickass:

Artwork by...Travis Smith...woot.
number 1:
ph2ccopy.jpg

number 2
PH1bcopy.jpg

plz vote and leave comments.

i like how the hair flows into the skull on the first one. but the 2nd one looks more polished and nicer overall, however cliche it may be.

i'll go withe first one lol it's bolder.

Montana? All right :D I was born there.

I really do like both, but I went with the first cover for a few reasons. Centered logos kind of throw me off on album covers, the grim reaper did not grab me as well as the skull - the texture is just haunting, and finally the second piece feels like it belongs in the CD tray behind the CD.

And for the record...Travis rocks so fucking hard. Once I get some more money, I'll be ordering plenty more prints from him. Great style, great vision.

Best of luck with the decision and with the release!

I'd say the first one is more original and more professional. It's more presentable by a professional standard. But the second just has that vibe.

It's really the classic debate.

Do you preffer raw and full of soul
Or
Professional, clinical, precise, but seemingly generic and heartless.

As some guy on the Neverboard said. The second is a total Dissection rip, but done way better. It's fucking grim. If you think it personifies your music, I'd say go for it.

On the other hand you'd probably get taken more seriously by labels and publishers with the Travis cover. Up to you really.