My band needs YOUR HELP

WHICH COVER ??????

• COVER NUMBER 1

Votes: 50 50.5%
  • COVER NUMBER 2

Votes: 49 49.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for the second, but after looking at them some more and actually figuring out what the first is, I think you should definitely pick the first one.

I like the both, but I'll have to go with 1. 2 is just so obvious, it's like "oh look were a metal band, we've got a picture of the grim reaper on our EP, we must be scary". 1 is much more striking and far far more sinister.

First one looks Death/Trash
Second one looks Black Metal (cover reminds me of Dissection)

I voted 2 but i would like the number 2 but without the scythe, just the rider.

AND.....Let us hear your music to!!!

I was curious so I already entered their name in google and got to

http://www.myspace.com/palehorsemt

The possible covers are definitely better than the music imo, especially the production and the vocals are below average. The drums and the guitar are not bad though and some of the changeups are quite nice.

Well he said 'upcoming debut album'. I think it's unfair to judge from what sound like live demo recordings.

Btw why'd you enter their name into google? That same link is in his sig...

Ah, I overlooked that. And yes it's probably just demo recordings (I certainly hope so). If they get decent production I think this album may turn out pretty good, and I'll buy it if I ever find a copy here in Belgium.

The horse skull looks like a picture of a road running through a desert along the nose, If you look at it from the right angle.

Very cool. Reminds me of the concept Faith No More's "Angel Dust" artwork.

Opethian666 said:
I was curious so I already entered their name in google and got to

http://www.myspace.com/palehorsemt

The possible covers are definitely better than the music imo, especially the production and the vocals are below average. The drums and the guitar are not bad though and some of the changeups are quite nice.

lol, :headbang:

yeah the recordings on myspace were tracks my brother recorded with Cakewalk so he could give them to our drummer so he could practice...the gear on those recordings are just a Boss GT-8 pedal straight into his computer, and beatcraft drum programs, the vocals on those tracks are just him beinga dork... the song "Never AGain"'s vocals are mostly just sampled off of the movie "legend" (the one with the huge devil..and Tom Cruise) :kickass:

we're going to flatline studio's in Denver to record the actual album. ...and I'm not even sure if any of the songs on the Myspace will be on there...well...Martriden probably will.

lol,

yeah the recordings on myspace were tracks my brother recorded with Cakewalk so he could give them to our drummer so he could practice...the gear on those recordings are just a Boss GT-8 pedal straight into his computer, and beatcraft drum programs, the vocals on those tracks are just him beinga dork... the song "Never AGain"'s vocals are mostly just sampled off of the movie "legend" (the one with the huge devil..and Tom Cruise)

we're going to flatline studio's in Denver to record the actual album. ...and I'm not even sure if any of the songs on the Myspace will be on there...well...Martriden probably will.

Ah ok, I'm quite convinced then when you actually professionally record your ideas with decent vocals that you might get a slaying album. Good luck with that and be sure to ship it to Belgium! :kickass:

Moonlapse said:
I'd say the first one is more original and more professional. It's more presentable by a professional standard. But the second just has that vibe.

It's really the classic debate.

Do you preffer raw and full of soul
Or
Professional, clinical, precise, but seemingly generic and heartless.

As some guy on the Neverboard said. The second is a total Dissection rip, but done way better. It's fucking grim. If you think it personifies your music, I'd say go for it.

On the other hand you'd probably get taken more seriously by labels and publishers with the Travis cover. Up to you really.

Arn't they both Travis covers?

Id go for the 2nd, easily. Number one relies on "hey, its a horse, but it's also the horses skull! Wow!", which wore off by the time i finished typing that sentence. Simple blended objects like that have little lasting value.
The 2nd has many more positive traits to it - suggestion of story, mood, style etc. To me, it says alot more about the record than a horse-skull is capable of doing.