my explanation of deja vu

Stygian_Apothegm

New Metal Member
Mar 26, 2003
Athens, Jo'gia
stygianapothegm.iuma.com
i think it's when 2 planes in parallel universes kinda intertwine with each other and you get some of your other "self's" thoughts. cuz you knwo parallel universes are like the same as your life but they make different decisions. so maybe you get a decision they made in the future.. like just a few seconds ahead.

did that make sense?

Eirik said:
wow... seriously.. can't remember typing it!!

hahha..

I remember typing that I wub my mom in the mother's day theread but not this...

hahahha!\
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See, I was right, WINNAR IS ME! :cool::D

Eirik said:
hehehe...

I'll submit to that one.. I p0sted and chatted with you guys for a while.. went down.. you gave me the link and "OH HELL"... I actually posted..

that's funny :)

who did you go down on :eek:

deja vu is a 'short curcuit' in your brain, when signals from your senses get redirected to a different route to your conciousness, and this route happens to take them through the memory. so it looks like you are remembering it happen before, when in fact it didnt.

so there.

ChrisEmerson said:
deja vu is a 'short curcuit' in your brain, when signals from your senses get redirected to a different route to your conciousness, and this route happens to take them through the memory. so it looks like you are remembering it happen before, when in fact it didnt.

so there.
What about when two people experience it at the same time? (It's happened to me and Dad a few times).

most fucked up thing in my life happened to me the other morning actually. i was walking from where i have to park my car for work (free lot) up to where i work in the main street area. I have to cross a few very busy streets to get there, and i always have my headphones blaring as i walk.

So, i get to the busiest street i have to cross (only 4 lanes, but morning traffic) and i'm scoping the other side where i'm headed and see a guy in one of those mini street sweeper vehicles, really small, mainly used for plowing sidewalks in the winter kinda thing. anyways, they're very small and slow and the road is straight for blocks, and i'm planning my cross of the street keeping this vehicle in mind so i don't get in his way when i cross.

I make my move, a few cars slow down, blah blah, etc.. get to the other side and the vehicle is gone. nowhere to be seen, nowhere it could have really gone in the 5-7 seconds i wasn't looking at it, it's just fucking GONE. i stood there stupified for a minute looking around for it.. i can't explain it, and i actually didn't even tell anyone about it cuz it sounds stupid like i hallucinated a street sweeper... but i swear i saw the fucking thing. i was kinda uneasy most of that day thinking about it..

fucking weird.
-iz

it happened to me and my friend at the same, the same vision, when we fell from carousel on each other (long time ago), but maybe it was just intense headache:)

anyway, it surely ain't no parallel universe or stuff like this. people always try to come up with these spectacular explanations, but i'm sure it can be easily psychologically/scientifically explained.

probably the stuff ChrisEmerson mumbled :p