My favorite CD of all-time...

Is thread about favorite albums, or Van Halen eras? I can't tell.

My all time favorite CD/album is Pink Floyd - The Wall. Heard it first on vinyl, then bought the CD later on. I listened to the CD so much that it doesn't even play any more.

In metal, however, my GO TO album is Kamelot - Karma. Their best CD by far, and I can enjoy the CD more and more with each listen. It easily has the most play by any metal CD in my collection...it also helps that this is one of the few metal CDs my girlfriend also likes, so it's a compromise selection whenever we figure out what to listen to in the car, etc.

In my opinion, that album is musical perfection. You have your heavy moments, your soft moments, your technical moments, your simple and catchy moments, and everything else in between. Many have tried to duplicate that sound since its release, but none have quite matched it. That album made me want to
A)Be a singer, and
B)Be a singer in a progressive metal band

Quite simply, that album has changed my life forever. There will always be albums that blow me away, but none will ever have the chance of changing my life like that again.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

The album that I have listened to the most over the years is prolly DIO's Holy Diver. I can listen to that whole album in my head without it actually playing. :lol:

Many of the classic VH songs simply wouldn't have worked with Sammy at the healm. The reason they worked, and the reason they were great, is because of Dave's personality.

That's 100% true, and I would NEVER have wanted VH to re-do any of the DLR-era CDs with anyone else on vocals....Dave's personality "made" some of those songs.

The reverse is also very true, though...many of the Hagar-era songs wouldn't have worked with Dave at the helm because of Dave's personality. :lol: