My Final Thoughts on TGCD

IntoPhagist

FloriiiiiiiooooooOOO!
Sep 26, 2005
New York City and Around
So I don't post here at all but I love Katatonia...When this album first came out I didn't like it as much as any past Kata albums but Now I'm appreciating it more..But I still have a problem with it..

Theres so many songs I don't like

This would be my final tracklist....

1. Leaders
2. Deliberation
3. Soil's Song
4. My Twin
5. July
6. In the White
7. Rusted
8. Journey Through Pressure

8 solid songs nothing more...The rest of the songs on it always bother me..Just My opinion though but those 8 songs keep me coming back..

The itch, Increase and Follower are actually my three favourite tracks at the moment. But it took me a while to really apreciate them.

I agree that Consternation is among the lesser tracks. Still good, though...

This album hit me right away....The first thing I noticed was how cold the guitars sound, the good solid production of the instruments and the vocal lines are awsome. Not to mention the way Anders brillaintly added more ambient effects on guitar. Music wise my fav album....I liked the lyrics, but just the music it self makes it killer. I think it's gonna be hard to top THE GREAT COLD DISTANCE...but i believe they can :kickass:

i soon fell in love of my twin, about the other songs I appreciate 'em listening all the whole album driving with my car everyday (almost 60 km every day).
when i bring my dog in the car, she used to crawl when there's soil song (i love her):headbang:

1. July :)p)
2. Journey Through Pressure
3. Soil's Song
4. Rusted
5. Consternation
6. My Twin
7. Deliberation
8. Follower
9. Increase
10. Leaders
11. The Itch
12. In The White

btw, hello people :wave:

So I don't post here at all but I love Katatonia...When this album first came out I didn't like it as much as any past Kata albums but Now I'm appreciating it more..But I still have a problem with it..

Theres so many songs I don't like

This would be my final tracklist....

1. Leaders
2. Deliberation
3. Soil's Song
4. My Twin
5. July
6. In the White
7. Rusted
8. Journey Through Pressure

8 solid songs nothing more...The rest of the songs on it always bother me..Just My opinion though but those 8 songs keep me coming back..

Thank you for posting. I can't speak for everyone, but I haven't been able to sleep at night for months because I've been so concerned with your final thoughts on TGCD. Unanswered questions would go through my head all night long, such as..."What songs keep him coming back? What songs do not? What would his final tracklisting be if he released the album?". Thankfully all these have been answered, so I can finally get a great night sleep tonight. I'm going to go ahead and start burning CDRs of the album with only your "8 solid songs" so I can finally hear this album the way it should have been heard! Screw those 4 other songs that you don't like! Who needs 'em?! :worship:

The itch, Increase and Follower are actually my three favourite tracks at the moment. But it took me a while to really apreciate them.

I agree that Consternation is among the lesser tracks. Still good, though...

Yes, I was going to say The Itch and Increase contain some of the heaviest and most beautiful moments on the album and are great songs in addition to the 8 the OP listed (the verse's on both songs are just stunningly melancholic and emotional, EXCELLENT vocal lines).

TGCD can easily be mistaken for a non-inspired metallic solid production but blank piece of work... The riffs are solid and the album generally sounds good, but the songs dont stick at first (at least not for me) but when i started recieving goosebumps from songs like Journey through pressure, Deliberation, Soils Song, My Twin, Leaders Follower Rusted i realized how unmistakably katatonia they are... unique catchy dark depressing with a touch of hope and melancholy...

To the original poster - I know what you mean - Consternation, rusted, The Itch and Increase I can do without. Follower is a song that has grown on me but I really think it's somehow underdeveloped. My Twin has really not stood the test of time for me, not that it's a bad song by any means but it's a but it's probably Kat's most pop sounding song and I don't get any kind of deep feelings in that one. The rest of the songs however are amazing. But In my opinion Viva was a darker more moody and complex album.

I can't forget to mention the amazing songs - Unfurl, Code against Code and the uber fanastic Dissolving Bonds.

Thank you for posting. I can't speak for everyone, but I haven't been able to sleep at night for months because I've been so concerned with your final thoughts on TGCD. Unanswered questions would go through my head all night long, such as..."What songs keep him coming back? What songs do not? What would his final tracklisting be if he released the album?". Thankfully all these have been answered, so I can finally get a great night sleep tonight. I'm going to go ahead and start burning CDRs of the album with only your "8 solid songs" so I can finally hear this album the way it should have been heard! Screw those 4 other songs that you don't like! Who needs 'em?! :worship:

:lol:

Journey Through Pressure and Consternation topped TGCD for me, all the other songs blew me away later... especially Soil's Song and My Twin.

my list would be:

1. July
2. Journey Through Pressure
3. Soil's Song
4. My Twin
5. Deliberation
6. In The White
7. Increase
8. Rusted
9. Consternation
10. Follower
11. The Itch
12. Leaders

:lol: funny