My official resignation as an Anthrax fan!

I've been listening since POT, this is my humble reflection:

As long as Ian, Benante and Bello is in the same band, making this stomping, heavy and unique stuff I will still love em. I dont care so much about who is behind the mic, Belladonna, Bush, Nelson or B.Milano. I would prefer Bush because I think his voice suits the modern Anthrax better and Belladonna is more of an eighties singer but what the hell. As long as I can hear the other three guys I'm happy :) Also I think Rob is very good for the band. The sad part is that there seems to be so much drama behind the scene. Come together guys! The world needs another Anthrax record! Now!

/Me

I've been listening since POT, this is my humble reflection:

As long as Ian, Benante and Bello is in the same band, making this stomping, heavy and unique stuff I will still love em. I dont care so much about who is behind the mic, Belladonna, Bush, Nelson or B.Milano. I would prefer Bush because I think his voice suits the modern Anthrax better and Belladonna is more of an eighties singer but what the hell. As long as I can hear the other three guys I'm happy :) Also I think Rob is very good for the band. The sad part is that there seems to be so much drama behind the scene. Come together guys! The world needs another Anthrax record! Now!

/Me

+1 :headbang::headbang::headbang:

I say that Joey, Frankie and Rob boot Scott and Charlie out of the band ... they are the only two who haven't left at some point.

Let's have Joey on drums; he does a stellar job ya know, Rob on guitars, along with Mr Spitz - let's get him back - Frankie on bass and John on vocals.

Get Milano, Liker and Turbin in as groupies.

The band appear live on Cougar Town.

Then finally they do a single and tour with Hanna Montana.

Just a thought.

I have been a fan of Anthrax through both the Belladonna and Bush eras...loved both equally in their primes, and I care not to participate in the ever-continuing debate as to whom is the better vocalist. After Persistence of Time and seeing them at least 3 times in concert on that tour, I couldn't wait for the follow-up album. I was met with a new singer, who, though I took a little time to warm up to, I eventually grew to absolutely love. I saw them several times over that period. Then after their finest album, We've Come for you All, yes even greater than Among the Living (my humble opinion), and being disappointed a follow-up album wasn't being worked on, I discovered a reunion tour on the horizon. Though troubled I wouldn't see a new Bush era album, I still supported the band and saw them at the House of Blues in Chicago. From that point forward, my loyalty, and the loyalty of the band's ever dwindling fan-base, has been met with rumors from across message boards, a new vocalist every year or so, and interminable band silence to neither confirm nor refute anything. Will Bush return? Will Belladonna stay? Bush and Caggiano are still in the Anthrax family? What does that even mean? Will Belladonna record a new album? What happened to Spitz? Corey Taylor is in the band? Isn't he in like 12 other bands? Caggiano is back? Who's Dan Nelson? Dan Nelson's out? Bush is back? Are they recording a new album with Bush? Is Bush re-recording vocals for Worship Music? Bush is gone? Belladonna was hanging out with Frank and Charlie in New York? Belladonna is back and going to do an album? Why didn't he do that last time? Didn't I see an interview where Charlie and Scott basically called the reunion tour a "must" situation for money and not a "want" situation to move the band forward? How long will it be until Belladonna is out and a new vocalist is announced? Will that new vocalist have to re-record the re-recordings of Belladonna singing Dan Nelson's tunes? How many times will I have to be subjected to this before I simply walk away and disavow my decades-long loyalty to this band? Well, the time has finally come. For disrespecting my loyalty to you, current, former, and future members of Anthrax, I officially declare your band dead to me. I wish you nothing but platinum albums and sold out concerts, but I simply cannot follow you any longer.

Good bye, fuck off and don't slam the door on the way out..

Missing you already.
No one cares.

Drama will always be drama, and to each person their own opinion. If the music is good, the music is good. I'm tired of people looking too far into this. Just wait and see if the shows and CD's are in your own taste then make your opinion.

Let's face it: the vast majority of the people posting here are here FOR THE DRAMA. Deny it all you want, but the drama is, in some sick way, fun. This is basically the heavy metal version of a soap opera. I've gone to other bands' sites, and they don't offer up that much more than 'thrax is, most of the time. So since our band here is full of interesting drama, here we are going at it. You like Joey, you like John (and some of you freaks like Neil); but you don't leave, you stay here and fight it out with the ones that disagree. Why? You know damn well why. It's FUN! Shit, I'm reading all these goofy posts and laughing my ass off. Why? Because mindless drama is fucking funny, that's why.

I like Joey. I like John better. Will I buy the new album with Joey? FUCK YEAH! The only way we'll really know if the new music is good is by listening to the finished product. And whether you like John or Joey, the overwhelming majority of us will at least torrent- er, I mean DOWNLOAD the new album.

I say that Joey, Frankie and Rob boot Scott and Charlie out of the band ... they are the only two who haven't left at some point.

Let's have Joey on drums; he does a stellar job ya know, Rob on guitars, along with Mr Spitz - let's get him back - Frankie on bass and John on vocals.

Get Milano, Liker and Turbin in as groupies.

The band appear live on Cougar Town.

Then finally they do a single and tour with Hanna Montana.

Just a thought.

Classic. Total classic!

Why would you stop your fandom because a band has had a lot of beef? That just sounds silly to me.

Why would you stop your fandom because a band has had a lot of beef? That just sounds silly to me.

Thats the guys who always like the football team the most which is currently winning, instead of sticking to their team through good and bad times...

Thats the guys who always like the football team the most which is currently winning, instead of sticking to their team through good and bad times...

Oh, bull-fuckin-shit! A different singer changes the whole dynamic of the band.

Oh, bull-fuckin-shit! A different singer changes the whole dynamic of the band.

I didn't say you should still love their music if they change a musician, i said a fan should stand up for his band even in times of trouble.