my preeeeecious

internally grateful

and now, a cowcoptor...
Dec 1, 2003
masshole
Visit site
nooo!! :yell:

i got my beautiful schecter 7-string for christmas, just as planned... but it arrived and it doesn't work! aahh! we brought it to guitar center and let them take a look at it... and they told me to send it back... they didn't even know what was wrong with it.. they just knew that it was... messed up

when i got home my dad looked at it... and... went at it with a screw driver... and he got it to work actually... but it only kinda works.. and it only works if you hold it the right way.... so i'm probably going to sent it back anyway... booooo

:yell: :yell:

:bah:

don't take it to guitar center, take it to a luthier - most of the people at GC don't know that much about guitars :lol:

it sounds like it's a problem with the pickups and their soddering - most likely in the jack - i'd need more info though.

yeah, it was soldered wrong (i figured i'd thorw in a new spelling of that word) and my dad "reheated the solder" but it only kinda worked...

i don't think it's an "A-7"... it's part of the diamond series

513033.jpg

the black one is the one i got

Just take it to a local music store, a place where actual musicians work, Guitar Center is a joke, they mostley sell seconds. What is exaxctly wrong with it, i'm sure can get you going in the right direction, Two humbuckers, two volumes and a tone?

Aww, I hate it when I get all excited about something and then crap like that happens :(

NOOOOOOOOO don't let dad touch it. Call the people you got it from tell them you are sending it back and you want a replacement at your house the next day. I am sure you paid a decent amount of money for it and you demand a working guitar ASAP.

Be civil but do not take NO for an answer, explain to them it is brand new and an " out of Box " failure.
You want a replacement tomorrow, not 2 days or 4 days from now, they WILL pay shipping both for your return and for the new unit.

or call them and tell them
" it buuuuurns us!"
" You've ruined it, stupid fat hobbits "

thanks guys...
yeah, my dad called the guys... and they told him to take a look at the guitar himself.. so he did...

we're gonna return it anyway...

i'll get my working guitar, don't you worry