My Protools/Quickeys Tutorial Part 1

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/556843-tips-blendin-kickz-plz.html#post8807512

while finding this link, i just realized that your way of doing it has zero chance to fail
sucks that it takes pro tools, keyboard focus, 60 dollar macro program, and specific zoom settings to work

pro tools is REALLY behind the times with current DAWs

could not agree more man. That's why I have logic kicking around for certain things. It is alot of work to get results that you can probably get in cubase with no hassle. However, I have an assistant who does all this for me so fuck it hahaha.

Nah Joey is on a Mac Pro... I would also love to see the damn regions while dragging :/ But I don't see it happening any time soon. I also wish option+shift would work for fader movements across selected tracks!

Pro Tools is still the shit though.

For moving shit without seeing the regions, the way I've dealt with it is I grab right at the part of the waveform I am trying to line up with something, and then drag and drop it where I want using the grabber tool icon as my reference. After that I just use comma and period to nudge it to exactly where I want it. Still, how hard would it be to just show the damn waveform?

One quick PT question actually, is there a way to deselect all tracks? Say I have all my drum tracks selected but then want to solo just my snare tracks. I have to click like, a guitar track, THEN go and select my two snare tracks because if you click a track that's already selected Pro Tools won't change it's selection. Make sense? I just want a key command to deselect all tracks so I can easily select one or two tracks out of a selection I've already made without clicking on an arbitrary track to clear the selection first.

Yo this might be able to do the new playlist macro we all want.
http://groups.csail.mit.edu/uid/sikuli/

This may even be a good free alternative to Quickeys but I haven't tried it.

This has huge Potential. However, I just tried it with a few simple non DAW related commands, and it's a little slow to complete the commands. Simple yes, but I could actually do the commands faster manually.

But with really complex commands this could be a big life safer because of the whole screenshot thing. I'm going to try and get it to work for playlists right now....

nope don't think it'll work. I tried it, and it can't differenciate between and of the tracks specifically.....so it picked one at random....still gonna try though.

EDIT*******

Ok so it will work if the only track visible is the track in question (as in fit to window). And it took about 8 seconds for the command to complete.....

I have some more videos coming...sorry for the delay, but I've been working too much though...

One quick one though...

If you're annoyed byt the "N" key triggering where your playback head is, and accidently keep hitting it, switch it to trigger "Region Name".....