my short festival report

marginalé

why?
May 5, 2003
Belgium
i went to rock werchter this weekend and again it was great

the best things i saw: Danko Jones (the devilchild!!!!!), Moby, Massive Attack, The Datsuns, Dave Gahan, Skin, Tom MCrae, Zuco 103 and Metallica

About Metallica: here i had this great luck and something really terrible happened to me: I was standing at the third row(so i could see and feel everything) when at the end of the concert lars trought his drumstick into the crowd and I got it
but after a 'fight' of ten minits we all lost it except for this one guy who got away whit it. but the better news is that i got a firebomb which was used whit One (yes, yes, they played One!!!!!)

the not that good but also not terrible gigs: Björk, Interpol, Arno, Millionaire, Los Lobos, Lemon, Coldplay.

about Coldplay: first, Chris Martin was wearing a t-shirt of Merksplas ( my town) ,hell yeahhh!! ( I still don't know how he got it????)
and second: the public sucked big time .

bad concerts: Moloko (boring crowd), Morgan Heritage , T'Hof Van Commerce.

And about Radiohead i don't now wat to think. it was good but not as good as i was hoping. maybe it was cause i still don't have the last album and they played almost erery song of it (i heard)

and from the artist area we saw REM, Stone Sour. Yes, Yes we got in the free beer area!!!( even twice)

marginalé said:
about Coldplay: first, Chris Martin was wearing a t-shirt of Merksplas ( my town) ,hell yeahhh!! ( I still don't know how he got it????)

haha, I'm supposed to play there with me band in november... :headbang:

marginalé said:
and second: the public sucked big time .

That's why I'm not going to Rock Werchter anymore, it's full of puffs... and 60000 people are too much... :(:(:(

Radiohead havent played like every song of 'hail the thief', there, 2+2=5, sit down stand up, sail to the moon, the gloaming, where i end and you begin... must be them, so yeah plenty of em
and lots of kid A :cry:
but it was a really decent gig, and i liked it in generally, even the kid a and amnesiac songs... ;)

for coldplay, they were amazing though. and its good to see them gettin their feet on the ground. dunno what you meant with the 'public' their songs were played well... :confused:

metallica rocked. see other thread for the songs

and massive attack was amazing as well most of the time. they shouldnt have that screen on the back though cause it took all of me attention away at certain moments. oh and we were in the middle of the 4th row!!! amazing :eek:

I disliked moby. there wasnt a vibe going around and yeah, millionaire and supergrass. too many of the same kind of songs.

Sterephonics were okay. i really enjoyed a few songs.

skin was good but i liked the original versions of the songs she did from skunk anansie. oh and she wanted to shag everyone.

agreed with bjork. does she still make any music? :erk:

there was a great vibe going on when arno was playing. holalala holalala holalaka c'est magnifiqueeeeee hehe

what else, err, saw REM, was good but yeah its sounding too nice for me. some dirt innit wouldnt be bad.

counting crows was ok too.

Mariner said:
for coldplay, they were amazing though. and its good to see them gettin their feet on the ground. dunno what you meant with the 'public' their songs were played well... :confused:

i was trying to go to the first rows but all thees 15-year old girls with their 16-years old boyfriends where saying 'blablabla.... it full, you can't get through,.... blablabla,.... no you may not try...,blablablabla. IT WAS TOTALY NOT FULL!!!! and than their were janking that i was dacing?!?

and massive attack was amazing as well most of the time. amazing :eek:

yep the concert was pretty amazing

skin was good but i liked the original versions of the songs she did from skunk anansie. oh and she wanted to shag everyone.

Yeah, but me first

Thortyir said:
haha, I'm supposed to play there with me band in november... :headbang:

yeuh?? when and where? and who made it happen?

bye the way, where were you standing whit metallica? the fifth row and three meters from the middle, cause the person next to me was exactle looking like you (i just now from the pixture under your posts).
i wanted to ask after the concert, but then i got the drumstick whit the following 'fith' and after that i couldn't find you anymore.
so was it really you?

No, it wasn't, I stayed at home... I saw Metallica at Fields Of rock in june, and i had to keep some money for Graspop, wacken, Summer breeze... !:headbang:

For Merksplas, i'll play in small festival in november named "Metal at the attic"... Bands and venue should be announced soon... The organisator is Moses from the band No Fuckin' way... http://www.nofw.tk

Don Corleone said:
LOS LOBOS???? hahahahahaaha

im gonna see massive attack on the 12th? tell me how they are (or he is?) live?

fucking amazing, i completely freaked out in myself.

and there show was great, all these numbers and facts about the world (for example: every second fifty footbalfeelts of forest are cut down,...)
and all in duth, sometimes duth and english. also facts and news about belgium wich was only a few ours old

it was realy great

Thortyir said:
No, it wasn't, I stayed at home... I saw Metallica at Fields Of rock in june, and i had to keep some money for Graspop, wacken, Summer breeze... !:headbang:

For Merksplas, i'll play in small festival in november named "Metal at the attic"... Bands and venue should be announced soon... The organisator is Moses from the band No Fuckin' way... http://www.nofw.tk

then you got a man just like you look on the picture you used. spooky

the thing you mean is in turnhout, it's next to meksplas.
gonna try to come, i've been there twice and it was nice, so see you then. or graspop maybe?

radiohead was the best thing for me at werchter... that was the main reason for going there anyway. and yeh, i still can't believe how we got so close for massive attack, they had a vey good stage setup indeed... i liked supergrass, queens of the stone age of course, the datsuns were very energetic on stage, metallica was just as i expected it, good with a nice setlist (no remorse, welcome home, blackened).

radiohead was my fix tho. what a band...

marginalé said:
then you got a man just like you look on the picture you used. spooky

the thing you mean is in turnhout, it's next to meksplas.
gonna try to come, i've been there twice and it was nice, so see you then. or graspop maybe?

yeah, graspop for sure, can't wait! I'm even going to roadshow party in Brussels this wednesday... :D

There are some great bands announced for Metal at the attic... But maybe I'll keep it secret... ;)

Thortyir said:
yeah, graspop for sure, can't wait! I'm even going to roadshow party in Brussels this wednesday... :D

fuck, totaly forgot it!!!!!! aaaaaauh!!!!!!!!!!!

i've been there for three years already, normaly they do it at the biebob. (about 6 kilometres for me). they give a lot away (t-shirts, posters,...), and they show (live)videos of a lot of bands that play at graspop. just go if you can and have fun. i can't, gotta work at six the next day.

btw, did someone 'organise' a 'anathema-fanclub' meeting, so maybe we can meet. but only if you want to meet me, cause at festival i smell really bad and i'm drunk a lot.

sol83 said:
and tons of people there. the organizers said it was like 73000... total chaos...

yeahh, total chaos!!!!!!!!!!!

it was me into the chaos. that what a huge festival is all about. total chaos and great music.
question. are belgium festivals beter than the other you did?

marginalé said:
fuck, totaly forgot it!!!!!! aaaaaauh!!!!!!!!!!!

i've been there for three years already, normaly they do it at the biebob. (about 6 kilometres for me). they give a lot away (t-shirts, posters,...), and they show (live)videos of a lot of bands that play at graspop. just go if you can and have fun. i can't, gotta work at six the next day.

Don't worry for me, gotta drink loads of beers with friends... :ill:

marginalé said:
btw, did someone 'organise' a 'anathema-fanclub' meeting, so maybe we can meet.

Why not? Sol, Nina, Pieter, Gorik, etc... That would be awesome!

marginalé said:
but only if you want to meet me, cause at festival i smell really bad and i'm drunk a lot.

Welcome on board... Let's share some beers together!!! :cool: