tour report

thanks autumnsphere! you weren't rude, don't mind
you see, A4 was a kind of enlightenment in 1998 for me
it doesn't mean that i don't ADORE everything come out from Anathema before and after that. And I'm bound to "Regret" not as an "old" song, but as a song that moved me to tears several times and matched significant moments. Coincidence, sure... but the lyrics are something beautiful... well... I must wait for acoustic shows in Italy to hear it, I suppose!
And I think danny underrates their music in the report, I prefer 1000 times AND than Ok Computer! But this side of their attitude (this humility) makes them even greater to me.

oblio999 said:
And I think danny underrates their music in the report, I prefer 1000 times AND than Ok Computer! But this side of their attitude (this humility) makes them even greater to me.

I dunno if he underrates their music, but he sure overrates Radiohead. Pagan, whatever happened to Dire Straits eh?

Strangelight said:
I dunno if he underrates their music, but he sure overrates Radiohead. Pagan, whatever happened to Dire Straits eh?
"I've been too long lonely and my heart feels pain
Crying out for some soothing rain
I believe I have taken enough
Yes I need a little water of love"

those were the days man :)

Strangelight said:

I'm sorry, but I disagree. And if we have to start a Radiohead debate here, it's gonna be even worse than a Beatles debate.... This is pathetic.

i probably do over rate radiohead, but i can't help thinking they are the best at the moment. not just ok computer either.. dire straits yeah, it swings in roundabouts i spose

pagan2002 said:
i probably do over rate radiohead, but i can't help thinking they are the best at the moment. not just ok computer either.. dire straits yeah, it swings in roundabouts i spose

Youve done better songs than anything off Kid A or the new one. You've yet to top Walk Of Life yet though

its a matter of opinion innit? there loads of top tunes on the new one. kid a too. anyway i just dont think i'm that good but thats my problem.

or this one, also a masterpiece:

"And the big wheel keep on turning neon burning up above
And i'm just high on the world
Come on and take a low ride with me girl
On the tunnel of love"

radiohead had the commercial boom that anathema never had. and im a bit afraid a band that havent made it by the 3rd album is doomed to stay undervalued.

i mean within temptation made it when they started to play them on radio here. (theyve sold more then 100.000 copies of 'mother nature', thats more than enough in these days of music piracy) so selling a lot doesnt mean that youre actually good. so it counts for the other way around.

now this is cliché, isnt it? :rolleyes:

pagan2002 said:
i just dont think i'm that good but thats my problem.
insecurities keep you on a just path mate - and since half of everyone arsekisses you (incl me at times i reckon :D ), yer not doing too bad on self-reflection :)

@lost lenore

no it all begins with a person who wants to play it on radio. i dont believe in fan stories. like 'we made him play wt on radio'.... no way.

Mariner said:
radiohead had the commercial boom that anathema never had. and im a bit afraid a band that havent made it by the 3rd album is doomed to stay undervalued.

i mean within temptation made it when they started to play them on radio here. (theyve sold more then 100.000 copies of 'mother nature', thats more than enough in these days of music piracy) so selling a lot doesnt mean that youre actually good. so it counts for the other way around.

now this is cliché, isnt it? :rolleyes:

It depends what you mean by "made it" and "undervalued". Anathema have always been steady sellers, a safe bet if you like. A solid fan base too, some of which 'overvalue' the band to biblical proportions. Thats not bad going for a 13 year old band who've had no real big push, except for Judgement, that they can pull in a fair sized crowd every night and command a decent sized fee per gig virtually anywhere in Europe. I remember doing a gig in Liverpool years ago, and we were delighted cos we got £10 each for letting Therapy and Pitchshifter use our backline. I thought we'd "made it" then.