My Top 15 Progressive Metal Albums (Now With a Link!)

I simply think that ratings on a point scale are designed to rank albums above or below one another and if you have like a hundred 10 out of 10s, there's pretty much no point to the ratings unless you somehow value each and every album the same.

I fully agree with this. I often browse people's RYM profiles and if they have 1000 ratings and 200 of them are 5/5s, I probably won't be arsed to look through them all or even begin to. But if I find a profile with 1000 ratings and only, say, 1-20 5/5s, then I'll probably be really interested to see which those are.

I think it's time for me to check out this so called below the buried whats their name again?

oh ya and I'm also very selective what albums I give 10/10 or 5/5 but to tell ye the truth I do like to give my favorite albums 5/5 on RYM just to bring them up a level even though in reality I view the album as a 4 or 4.5/5 (like most of agalloch's discography for instance) The only album so far I view as a 4.9 or even possibly 5/5 material is the cure's disintegration.

edit - two and a half men blows.

Between the Buried and Me

And yea, they're good. I seem to remember in the album, Colors, they go off into country music for a few seconds... and wtf'ing at it.

list of 15 and no choices by Symphony X, Savatage, Threshold ? everyones taste is different but geeze there is 15 slots there, thats not being progressive at all.