• Christ Illusion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God Hates Us All

• World Painted Blood

• Total voters
1. You misspelled "Rust in Peace" and
2. "Moving Pictures," while phenomenal, doesn't even have a single metal track on it.

Otherwise, very strong list.

I haven't listened to Rust in Peace for a while. Amazon locked me out of it because I changed accounts. Peace Sells has the virtue of containing the title track and Bad Omen.

Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian
Helstar - Remnants of War
Immolation - Here in After
Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Aeternus - ...and So the Night Became
Attacker - Battle at Helm's Deep
Black Sabbath - Sabotage
Judas Priest - Stained Class
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas

Have you heard 2112? One of the heaviest albums of all time. I consider Rush to be a progressive metal band, in fact the first of their kind. You have to distinguish what they were doing from stuff like Yes and Styx.

You can make the case with some of their earlier albums (I would still hold the position that there are metal passages, but not enough to describe them as metal); however, there's no argument for Moving Pictures being a metal album.

I haven't listened to Rust in Peace for a while. Amazon locked me out of it because I changed accounts. Peace Sells has the virtue of containing the title track and Bad Omen.

The title track is far from one of Megadeth's greatest moments. The opening is painfully dated. A the blues cover straight up sucks.

Reactions: CiG
Peace Sells' opening is classic and the entire song sounds like nothing else, basically the definitive Mustaine-rant song, how can a bass line be "painfully dated"?

I have no interest in talking about music with you. You can ask me questions, but don't expect replies.
even6.jpg

Peace Sells sounds like a metal album to me..Megawank at their peak , while without Friedman RIP is bad(not good) bass, clicky drums , whiny vocals and processed, processed riffs from that old lovejoy the walkman. or whatever it was

Peace Sells is far, and i mean faaaaaaar from being one of Megadeths best songs.

And Moving Pictures definitely has some heavy moments, but metal? nah.

It's probably at least a top 25 Megadeth song. I would only put 4 tracks from KIMB, 5 from Peace Sells, 1 from SFSGSW, and 3 from RIP comfortably above it. But whether or not you or anyone else consider it a favorite or hot garbage, calling it "dated" makes no sense. crimsonfloyd likes to throw around buzzwords and broad statements concerning every specific facet of a given song even when in reality his opinions can usually be boiled down to "I don't like it".

Peace Sells sounds like a metal album to me..Megawank at their peak , while without Friedman RIP is bad(not good) bass, clicky drums , whiny vocals and processed, processed riffs from that old lovejoy the walkman. or whatever it was

Nobody is questioning that album, but rather Moving Pictures by Rush.

I've logged on to my computer many a time the day after being drunk and high to find half-finished rambling nonsensical posts that I'm thankful I didn't submit

I only did this last month, but I need to make some edits. I'm gonna limit it to one album per band this time, because it's tempting to have only 3-4 bands in the list, which is boring.
  1. Black Sabbath - Paranoid
  2. Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
  3. Metallica - Master of Puppets
  4. Rainbow - Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow
  5. Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
  6. Dream Theater - Images and Words
  7. Therion - Deggial
  8. Bathory - Hammerheart
  9. Ministry - Animositisomina
  10. Opeth - Blackwater Park
Honorable mentions that are metal-ish but probably shouldn't be on a "true" metal list:
  • Ministry - The Land of Rape and Honey (better than Animositisomina imo)
  • Alice in Chains - Dirt
  • Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine

1. Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
2. Cirith Ungol - King of the Dead
3. Gammacide - Victims of Science
4. Coroner - Mental Vortex
5. Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
6. Martyr - Hopeless Hopes
7. Voivod - Dimension Hatröss
8. Invocator - Excursion Demise
9. Anacrusis - Suffering Hour
10. Vektor - Outer Isolation

Last edited:
Sorry to necro, but it beats making a whole new thread.

Took the time today and put together a much more readable and thought out top 100 albums list on RYM

Re: new Burzum topping old Burzum- the old albums had maybe 1-2 masterpiece songs per album, but the new stuff is so much more consistent with less filler- at least before he went off the rails after Umskiptar. Also wanted to add Clutch since they're one of my favorite bands overall, but with no one amazing album. So many perfect tracks scattered around their discography...

Last edited: