Nasheim

I must say, that I really like this stuff, too bad there's only MC available. You should press a vinyl from it!

Nothing wrong with MC (It's a pro-printed tape with pro-printed covers and all), but new material will be released on vinyl sometime in the future...

Sorath said:
Nothing wrong with MC (It's a pro-printed tape with pro-printed covers and all), but new material will be released on vinyl sometime in the future...
Yeah, only thing that is wrong with MC is that I don't have a player anymore :loco:

I have many casette players and they all suck. I don't own a turntable, haven't for nearly 20 years. Have a bit of vinyl too, oh well.

Erik said:
* Int - let us know about the shirt
Oops, forgot to check back to this thread. I won't buy the shirt. PM me with paypal details and I'll send you the money.

I've listened to the demo at least 15 times so far and it's up there with the best demos I've heard: Amon amarth, In the woods..., In Flames etc.

All hail Nasheim!

Thanx a lot for that. Seems everyone who's heard it likes it so far, we got a pretty flattering description at Total Holocaust Rex yesterday...

Man, came home late last night to see that I got the demo. This demo music is phenomenal. Nasheim should be signed for sure.

Thing is, my tape must be fucked. Seriously, the volume undulates like a bastard coming in and out every second. I only imagine that it's the tape (and not the recording) because I remember the posted MP3 sample a while back and it didn't have any of these problems. Also, there are occasional glitches in the recording itself. :(

It's just a slight shame because it interferes with the listening experience. To be honest, I'd rather have the MP3s if you'd care to create another link, and I'll keep the tape for prosperity. :cool:

This is how it is:
1) It's TAPE. Slight cosmetic blemishes are to expect.
2) Yes, the volume fluctuates throughout especially the first track on (I assume) all tapes. I will ask Intolerant Rex about this -- he said that his master tape had the defect but it eventuallt disappeared due to temperature (!?) -- anyhow I'll tell him that maybe he should make another master for the next 50 copies he's copying. ANYWAY, it's possible that some copies have worse sound than mine with volume that fluctuates even more wildly. If so, I can only advise you let it rest for a while; tape is sensitive to changes in humidity and temperature and it's been in various strange places throughout its postal journey. If it ain't better after that, there's little or nothing we or IR can do; in purely underground, entirely non-profit operations as these (we are giving the tapes away for shipping costs) there's no room for replacements and stuff. But:
3) Anyone who's purchased the tape gets a link to MP3's or OGG's by e-mailing or PM'ing me.

That's just about what we can do. I know that MY copy is not ideal but perfectly listenable.

Huh, I listened to my copy last night with my headphones and didn't really hear a problem. Perhaps it's the frostbitten grim forests of The Woodlands.

That's good to hear, I was thinking that perhaps the entire batch is bad and I just happened to get a decent one myself. So how do you like it Dreamlord?

Erik said:
ANYWAY, it's possible that some copies have worse sound than mine with volume that fluctuates even more wildly. If so, I can only advise you let it rest for a while; tape is sensitive to changes in humidity and temperature and it's been in various strange places throughout its postal journey. If it ain't better after that, there's little or nothing we or IR can do; in purely underground, entirely non-profit operations as these (we are giving the tapes away for shipping costs) there's no room for replacements and stuff.
Perhaps you misunderstood me - I'm not asking for a replacement or anything, I'm just pointing out a flaw in my particular single cassette. However, I'll let it rest and see if the room temperature thingy idea might help!

3) Anyone who's purchased the tape gets a link to MP3's or OGG's by e-mailing or PM'ing me.
That would be great. Like I said, the previous MP3 you posted was perfect.

JayKeeley said:
Perhaps you misunderstood me - I'm not asking for a replacement or anything, I'm just pointing out a flaw in my particular single cassette. However, I'll let it rest and see if the room temperature thingy idea might help!
No, I know, I was just trying to make things as clear as possible for any future inquiries, because I'm sure this is not the last time I'll hear of it.