Necrophagist

Not really bothered either.. Unless they do something rather experimental.. But, whilst i don't hate them, i just find their songs are all far too samey.

They need to stop being tech for the sake of being tech, and learn how to write songs. Seems to be a common trend in metal, especially dm, these days.

yea I've been hoping they'll drop something around the time summer slaughter tour hits this year.. maybe after....?

Marco Minneman is not the right drummer for this band. His live preformances are not up to par Hannes. He's way too jazzy when playing which is great with paul gilbert but not for the extremely tight almost robotic sound that necrophagist has. Maybe like most other bands the drummer sounds better when he gets in and writes his own drums rather than playing someone else's but so far not great...

i think wiki says that they have a cd planned for release before summer slaughter (or maybe right after can't remember).

Awesome band I heard somewhere that they were working on a new album.

In reply to NicholasDWolfwood, I'd have to say i agree with the fact they should write songs that are more structurally complex rather than technically harder to play, but i wouldnt mind hearing the new album.

Not really bothered either.. Unless they do something rather experimental.. But, whilst i don't hate them, i just find their songs are all far too samey.
+1. After a few songs I get pretty over it, while in small doses it's not bad, but no longevity for me.

Maybe Muhammed is like me and take a year+ to write a song. It takes time to produce quality music when you're writing all the instruments (including writing the music in GuitarPro/Powertab), assuming he still does it all.

Well they have a drummer now, so he's probly not programming drums atm, and did he tab everything too?

Maybe Muhammed is like me and take a year+ to write a song. It takes time to produce quality music when you're writing all the instruments (including writing the music in GuitarPro/Powertab), assuming he still does it all.

He has a drummer, second guitarist and a bass player...I doubt he writes everything himself. That still doesn't mean their music is "quality" when it's tech for the sake of being tech.