need a new pda/cell phone

^
My pal was touting the attributes of her 4G iphone or whatever yesterday...said something about having "face time" with her Dad and then she was able to show him her son sleeping in real time. I didn't get it. I'd rather take a dump than even know that stuff is possible...just not interesting at all.

there are some freebie deals on $200 Android phone at Best Buy ... on Black Friday

good luck with that :lol:

Blackberry London ... either the savior or kiss of death for them ... won't be here for awhile though

london-blackberry-qnx.jpg

I was thinking of nabbing a Blackberry Playbook over the Fire, reportedly a far superior OS. They're supposed to drop to $199 at certain Canadian retailers next week.

don't do it ... it's crap.

What makes you say this bro? It has a superior OS, twice the memory, fast web browsing, ability to multi-task more efficiently than Sarah Vandella in Gangbang Auditions 24. I don't need a native email client and don't give a fuck about apps (less the better). I really just need a tablet for web surfing/streaming content. I like my books printed on paper, so no point in choosing a stripped down knock off system over a superior piece of hardware. Please splain Lucy!

Fuck all this smartphone bullshit but I did drop my cellphone in the toilet about 6 months ago while hovering over the toilet attempting to take a piss. I put it on the sink counter on the side of me before whipping out my junk and assuming the relief posture. Someone then texted me and for some reason instead of just let nature take it's course, I went to grab my phone and knocked it right into the throne. I kinda just stared at it for a second or two before realizing wtf just happened and dove in for it. I tried to save it but all attempts were futile. I have been rocking my wife's old phone; a maroon colored EnV. I cant use most of the front keys and have to open it up to make a call or do anything else worthwhile.

This was the second time I dropped my cell in the toilet. The first time was my very first cell phone which I had for just a couple weeks back in college. I tried bringing it back to the company but they found water damage and tried charging me for repair. I immediately stopped paying the bill and refused to pay any repair charges which was just the beginning of my past credit woes. I wonder if that is why I swore off cell phones all through the years and exclaimed ti because I didn't wanna be bothered while I was out and about. I only just got another cell about 4 years ago. I still cringe every time my phone rings. Although I fully welcome text messages.

Cool story bro.

Aye. I'm big on texting, dread phone calls. Speak to me in person, if ye so desire. I've weighed the pros and the cons of getting a smart phone over a tablet, and the only pro that I can scrounge is the compact nature of the thing. I refuse to get myself tied up in some $30 month data plan bullshit. Nearly 4 extra bills a year, biggest scam going today.

it's pretty damn gay. what bothers me most/still that everyone is so well behaved on it.

i am waiting for a deal to come around on some phone this weekend ... preferably a freebie deal on some Android. so i can sell my Boisenberry for like a buck fity.