need a new pda/cell phone

i don't know why anyone is so anti Microsoft and windows ... they have never really let me down in the almost 20 years of use.

anyway, it might be their year to be "cool" again ... IPhone is 5 years old and getting dated

Last edited by a moderator:
ugh...I had to turn it off after the dude said something about the other douchebag being a "music guy". Every asshole on the planet is "into" music...where "into music" simply means they "listen" to whatever absolute shit the prevailing media tells them to listen to on their fucking telephone

ok, I watched the rest of it in hopes some boobs would make an appearance
nope, but one of the nerds said he was from Hendersonville, NC. Dick Manitoba! Was that you?!

i don't know why anyone is so anti Microsoft and windows ... they have never really let me down in the almost 20 years of use.

anyway, it might be their year to be "cool" again ... IPhone is 5 years old and getting dated
because their products are JUST. THE. WORST. if you think they've served you well it's because you haven't known the alternative.

microsoft will never be cool. i'm not saying this because i think their products are garbage, i'm saying it because i'm just about in-touch enough with the modern teenager/hipster to realize that having something called WINDOWS on your phone will never be "cool". microsoft is constantly lagging 5-15 years behind apple in aesthetics and other things that hipsters like

It's trendy to do so. It's only a matter of time before it swings back around
lol what

people have been loathing microsoft ever since pc-dos 1.0 back in 1982

so wait ...

- hipsters are trendsetters ... how can they still huddle around a device that is 5 years old with questionable upgrades since? (Iphone is fast going the Blackberry way)

- they don't like geeky, nerdy things ... hence Android is out

- only choice left ... rally around the underdog and make it cool

< runs and buys Nokia stock

feel free bro, but you're buying into a dead os. microsoft has been trying to get into the cell phone os market since 2000 and has failed miserably time after time after time after time. nothing says they're not going to fail this time too. windows mobile was just recently discontinued. how many folks have you known in the last 11 years with a windows phone? that's how many you will know in the coming 10 years, too.

2014, possibly 2015, windows phone is no more, alternately just BARELY hanging on (because microsoft is willing to throw even more money at it just to save face)

mark my words. check back in this thread in three years (set an alarm in your outlook calendar or something so you remember)

well I'll be the cool guy then ... with a Windows Phone.

CoffeeMorning.jpg

I've heard quite a few positive things in reference to windows phones, especially within the last year and in regards to business. Now are those people who are saying such things actually using said phones? Aha.. well...

I think you would be pleased with a Lumia 900 at any rate. If I have to have a phone, I'm fine with Android. Vanilla android. (Galaxy Nexus, Nexus One)

well I'll be the cool guy then ... with a Windows Phone.

CoffeeMorning.jpg

here's a good article i just read

http://www.osnews.com/story/25462/Why_Hasn_t_Windows_Phone_7_Taken_off_

"As much as his point is valid, I do believe there's more at play here. First, this thing is called Windows. Windows isn't cool. In the consumer's mind, it's the opposite of Apple - and right now, Apple is cool. Android is Google, and Google is also cool - geekier perhaps, but still cool. Windows, on the other hand, is that thing which used to crash all the time. WP7 should've been called Metro - as simple as that. "

cool that others quote me almost verbatim :cool:

should i get a Blackberry? I have only two needs and theyre on either end of the information spectrum: to be able to make or receive calls in an emergency AND have access to diagnostic tools like epocrates. If it was just emergency phone calls, I'd get a $15 piece of shit. If it were just for tools, I'd use my Kindle and hope wherever I was had unsecured wi-fi.