need a new pda/cell phone

more news about the brilliant windows phone 7 which is doing SO WELL in the marketplace

http://www.osnews.com/story/25569/Nokia_N9_Outselling_Lumia_

choice points:

* windows mobile, an old and awful os that literally no one uses, is STILL outselling windows phone 7
* nokia's n9, which comes with a dead-end OS, is outselling nokia's newer windows 7 phone, without any significant advertising
* windows phone 7: shitty crap, dead within a year (okay that is me extrapolating conclusions from the facts)

In other words, the Nokia N9 outsold the Lumia by 3 to 1 - even though the N9 is considerably more expensive
fact: consumers would rather buy a more expensive phone with an OS (meego) which was dead-on-arrival, than anything that carries the name "windows"

Well in Europe Microsoft is a dirty word like gypsy or black guy for president.
Europeans will not pay or promote anything MS. This data is not surprising considering that.

But that stil doesn't make Win 7 based phones less brilliant.

Well in Europe Microsoft is a dirty word like gypsy or black guy for president.
Europeans will not pay or promote anything MS. This data is not surprising considering that.

who said anything about europe? and everyone here still uses windows and office because they have to, but windows will never, EVER, EVER be "cool" in any country on any planet in the entire universe

And early numbers from Q4 from Microsoft's best market, the USA, reveal that even more than a year after its launch, Windows Phone sales are still severely lagging its older and obsolete cousin, achieving only 1.4% or about 520,000 units. Windows Mobile meanwhile refuses to die, and in the USA achieved 2.4% market share of new sales according to Nielsen or about 890,000 unit sales.

yep they do, but not too many, and not too nice. its pretty much get the newest sweetest phone on the block or some old busted piece of shit. i caved this last time and got the newest sweetest one.

that was an interesting read but honestly there was NEVER as much talk about ANY Nokia phone EVER in the US as it has been about the Lumia 900.

the market will dictate what happens, but unless the 900 is a lemon full of bugs I can't imagine why it won't succeed (in the US anyway)

though i guess nokia phones have never been talked about at all in america so you're probably right. well played nokia, enjoy your 0.4% market share (a 200% increase!!!)

i was reading that there was almost a revolution at Nokia HQ when they totally dumped Symbian for WP .... workers walked out and all.

can't you guys in Europe take the unexplained 20 y/o + MS hate and channel it towards Apple finally.

no one cares about symbian, the ISSUE is that they dropped meego, probably the best smartphone os on the market, for windows phone -- before even giving meego a proper chance

i think apple can go fuck themselves, and google can go fuck themselves, and microsoft can go fuck themselves

i don't care either way i just think it's hilarious to see huge companies be 100% clueless as to how shit works irl and fail hard