need a new pda/cell phone

so this IPAD ... I almost tossed it out the fucking window yesterday.

wife's friend comes over to download freaking paid apps that can allow the transfer of "specific" files to this hell bastard ... had to buy 3 different FUCKING APPS to be able to transfer PDFs, videos that were not Apple Friendly, and some documents.

really ... is the world FUCKING RETARDED for supporting this piece of shit company!

:)

the file-centric computing experience is LIVIN IN THE FUCKING PAST according to apple and ms. everything now works like a cell phone; your computer/tablet/phone is first and foremost a device for selling you "content" to consume and for you to check your little twitters and facebooks. file management is not a "thing" anymore. maybe you can save in some apps but dont expect to ever be able to access those files outside of that particular app

its really fucking nuts ...

however EVERY smartphone I had/have EXCEPT for APPLE SHIT ... I can plug in via USB and just drag and drop files from a PC to folders on them.

heck you can do that shit on a $20 mp3 player or a $5 portable usb drive.

Tempted to get a Blackberry Bold 9930, but don't want to pay $24 extra a month for the required data plan. So fucking stupid that you can't have a wifi only smart phone. Fuck

a blackberry in 2012

do

not

do

it

if you want a "wifi only smart phone", get the ipod touch. it is an iphone without the phone part. naturally with the usual reservations that every smartphone, and especially apple, sucks to high hell

if you do not care about games and apps and crap, BB is still rock solid and most reliable.

the new OS10 that's coming in some months looks slick as hell too ... lots of useful features from the previews I saw.

Typing from a bb playbook as we speak. Only negative against this device is the lack of a netflix app. (Only app worth a snot) I can not support apple in any fashion, so no desire in a touch. Bro had one, lasted all of 6months, as all crapple products do. Going to look in to OS10 now. The beauty of going with BB is the ability to tether devices. Stay Tuned lads.

Dude get a Nokia lumia 900. I dare you to check it out. Check the 500 plus 5 star reviews on amazon

Meh, that Nokia looks like an Iphone knock off. I don't care for touch screen phones, I need a real true to life QWERTY board for rapid fire sexting. I've placed a bid on a used backup to the phone I currently use (Verizon Razzle) just in case the keys go to shit down the line. Love this little phone, and it saves me a pretty pence. Upgrading to a smart phone would set me back an additional $300 a year. Simply not worth it, as long I can still use my current phone in all it's glory.

PARIS (Reuters) - Loss-making Finnish cellphone maker Nokia plans to cut another 10,000 jobs globally and warned the second-quarter loss from its cellphone business would be larger than expected.

The cuts bring total planned job cuts at the group since Stephen Elop took over as chief executive in September 2010 to more than 40,000.

Nokia said it would book additional restructuring charges of around 1 billion euros ($1.3 billion) by the end of 2013.

Nokia stock has crashed more than 70 percent since it announced in February 2011 it was dropping its own Symbian smartphone operating software and switching to Microsoft's largely untried Windows Phone system.

windows phone sure is working out for everyone

including the 50 people who bought the lumias i guess because winpho 8 is coming out in september (assuming nokia isnt already bankrupt by then) and devices running 7 aren't getting the upgrade

i heard about Win 7 phones not getting the upgrade ... well rumors ... MS has not confirmed anything yet.

well I am pretty sure if that is the case and Nokia wants to at least salvage its new found Win fan base, they will offer some cheap upgrade to a new phone with Win 8 if the user so desires.

btw, if Nokia stayed with Symbian they would be riding the Sybian already ... at least Win gave them some Obama brewed hope.

btw, if Nokia stayed with Symbian they would be riding the Sybian already ...

that was not the only option

they had meego, which was far, far superior to symbian

also, they ARE still producing symbian phones, symbian is indeed a dead system but it is still outselling windows phone phones handily

they will offer some cheap upgrade to a new phone with Win 8 if the user so desires.
im sure they'll be able to afford subsidizing even more phones now that their finances are so strong

the more likely scenario seems to be that they'll backport some of the new features into 7 but it doesnt really matter since all app development will move to 8 and youll be screwed regardless

also 8 will move into the garbage can and nokia will be dead in 1-2 years and microsoft will be floundering along for a few more years solely on their existing ms office business

we are witnessing the end of an era here, microsoft has fucked themselves harder than i think they can reasonably get out of

Right now personally I could care less about win 8. the phone as it stands has exceeded my expectations.

JUST announced from MS

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en/us/default.aspx

hero.jpg

let's hear your thoughts Erik ...

pulling this thread up so Erik can give me the bad Windows 8 Mobile news tomorrow :loco:
yeah you already know that no winpho7 devices are getting the upgrade and that nokia is basically bankrupt and that this shit is going exactly the way i divined, so i don't need to say much

JUST announced from MS

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en/us/default.aspx

let's hear your thoughts Erik ...
it's shit

it's a laptop with a bad keyboard, or a tablet with a bad os

there's literally no scenario on this earth where this would be preferable to any laptop/netbook

i mean people (and the entire computing industry) learned with the zx81 in 1981 that membrane keyboards without physical feedback are fucking painful and terrible to type on, i don't know why anyone felt the need to dig up that particular abomination in 2012

also, they don't have the hardware ready and when this finally launches literally no one will care and it will go the way of the zune. closeout sales $99 before you know it. mark my words