Need an orchestral hall IR

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

Do any of you have a free, large, real hall (not reverb units) IR which sounds really good for orchestral material?

I'm trying to glue a bunch of synthesized orchestral bits into a mix and something like this would really help to run alongside the Lexicon.

Cheers,
Ermin.

Hey Ermin,

I recorded a choir in a large hall about 1 1/2 years ago and made impulses of all mics used. All mics were stereo pairsin different configurations

heres the zip:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/369408/Witham Hall/Witham Hall IRs.rar

heres some pics:
FULL%20WIDE%20GOOD.jpg

MICS%20BLUR%20BEHIND.jpg

oh how I wish so wish I could help you out.

if I had a protable rig this would be possible. I work as FOH sound engineer for the main theatre at the Queensland Conservatorium of Music. and my god is that a nice room.

Acoustics are so amazing that I usually don't get much work as nothing needs to be mic'd,

we have all sorts of accoustic treatment like bass traps on the top walls, left side and right side that we can automate to have in or out depending on the show. as well as the 5 tonne rear shell(back wall on stage) can be driven back a fair amount as well because we also host ballet's and whatnot.)

QLD_CONbig_auditorium.jpg

dsc_0914.jpg

(finding a time to make IR's would be hard as well seems like every minute there is someone in there)

hey ermin...

i don't know what convolution reverb you are using but if you own waves IRL/1 there is a pretty usefull community and library of impulse responses of some outstanding venues.

here