Need emergency feedback/advice on vocals for my album

erkan, do some processing on those vocals, i kind of liked the first one, and i'm liking this new sample a lot more!

thanks,

he has heaps of potential, a little flat in some places, but I like it. I reakon with some processing it will sound rad (comp, delay, saturation and tune them)

Absolutely, you guys have a point. :) It all sounds like shit and once I've gotten the real drums in and then made the vox really sit in the mix it's gonna sound much better.

Alright, once again it seems like it's around 50/50 for those who like him and those who do not. I guess that's not too bad though considering not everyone can like the same music either. I guess the important thing now is that I like the vocals myself and believe they can work. As I have said, gonna make him try punching in a few bars at a time and I personally believe that's what this needs in order to become much better.

By the way, I'm facing a challenge while recording vocals. I've got a small ventilation shaft in one corner and my computer in the other corner on the same wall, like this:

X = the singer
| . . . .X. . . . .|
| . . . . . . . . . |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

I have placed the singer between the fan and my computer in order to get away from them "equally" and he is facing that "north" wall so that the mics are pointing to the south wall to reject further noise from the fan and computer. This however makes him stand pretty much in empty space and I have no vocal "booth" around him, not even a quick DIY one I usually use by hanging up a thick lush blanket before the singer.

Do you think I should try something else?

Ya the fact that the mix is loud and wierd causes the vocals to sound a bit lifeless as if he was yelling, but didn't give me an ounce of emotion. I agree that the word cigarette has never sounded so badass hehe, but still at that very moment the vocal group doesn't sound like it's louder than the solo vocals afterwards and it kills the original idea of creating a group effect. But hey! right now I feel im whinning too much about the mix, still this isn't even mixed so why do I bother.. I sense the singer could benefit from growing a bit more balls and working on is consistancy and stamina. Can't wait to hear an update.

I really think with some work it would really sound awesome :) Overall i liked the 2nd clip WAAAY more then the 1st one, some parts were really good, some parts could be better.

Don't be afraid to push the guy during recording, with my old band when we recorded our debute album (where i was more or less the 'producer' along with our engineer) i was really really strict with our vocal takes and didn't make any kind of compromise. Offcourse he hated me sometimes during the tracking ;) And i understand after a couple of takes when i say 'i think you can do better then that' but the endresult was far better then i hoped for, he really exceeded himself.