Need Some Help

Phewf! Bates, were you planning on bringing DANISH support troups from Århus, then?? Hope not, for your sake...it'd be a mission impossible then. Oh, and here is proof as to why you do not want to bring Canadian troops (not even to that asshole of the world commonly known as Iraq, Mr President): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQE0fqycPiA
- and there is one very similar of Swedish troops, only they're butt naked and one dude gets hit with the scorching hot casings from a machine gun he and his buddies have just fired (don't ask!!).
If you really want to invade somewhere, bring the SCA troops. Or better yet, pick a different country to invade and then bring the Norwegians with you for back-up...

Old Norse is a bit simpler in its grammatical structure (at least I think it is) and then it also gives you the foundations of the modern Scandinavian languages. I am with Bates, though, that the best choice is probably Icelandic. You might consider Old Saxon, too, if you're a native anglophone. If you can do ON, though, you can usually understand OS (not necessarily speak it!).

I agree. Old Norse is waaay easier than modern Norwegian...of course there's nobody to check if your Old Norse pronunciation is accurate! And I agree that Icelandic is the most similar modern language. I would further say that maybe Faroese is a close second on Icelandic for similarity to Old Norse...but I am willing to listen to objections...

I've only read bits and pieces of Faroese, but I'd suspect you were right.

And after further dealings with the Danes, I've decided you folk were right... so who's up for invading Danmark? :) Not that I expect to need much help, most of them are built like stick people anyway :p

I've only read bits and pieces of Faroese, but I'd suspect you were right.

And after further dealings with the Danes, I've decided you folk were right... so who's up for invading Danmark? :) Not that I expect to need much help, most of them are built like stick people anyway :p
Oh! Me, me me!

We don't. We just want to have it for our own, you see. That's why we have to invade. Then we'd have a few bog bodies and some wooden boats and stuff to call our own.
Other than that, Knarfi is right.

After talking with a few who weren't related to me, I realized that they had become a nation of girly-men (to steal a phrase from my father-in-law)... thus ripe for the picking!