Nevermore opening for In Flames in May in the USA

Pitiless Wanderer

Jun 14, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/IN FLAMES To Tour U.S. With THROWDOWN, NEVERMORE, EVERGREY - Mar. 8, 2006 IN FLAMES will be returning to the U.S. for a headlining tour in May. Support on the trek will come from THROWDOWN, NEVERMORE and EVERGREY. Exact cities and dates will be announced soon.

IN FLAMES will kick off their European tour on March 12 in Oslo, Norway. Main support on the trek will come from SEPULTURA, with additional support from CRUCIFIED BARBARA (March 12-17) and DAGOBA (March 19-April 20).

IN FLAMES have just completed a North American headlining tour in support of their new release, "Come Clarity", which debuted at No. 58 on The Billboard 200 chart with sales of just under 24,000 copies. The CD has sold a total of 45,000 copies in its first three weeks of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

interesting...

ALTHOUGH, I saw throwdown with arch enemy last year, and they are a complete and utter waste of space.

Evergrey are reasonably lame, and In Flames themselves have changed beyond recognition.

woot.

Hapexamendios said:
I'm afraid Nevermore will never headline again!!!! Goddammit!

I totally agree! WTF, how about a headline tour???? Fuck opening for shit bands....what a waste. I'm going to pass on this one...it's not worth sitting through a bunch of shit to see a 45 minute set form the gods!

:cry::cry::cry:

Final_Product said:
interesting...

ALTHOUGH, I saw throwdown with arch enemy last year, and they are a complete and utter waste of space.

Evergrey are reasonably lame, and In Flames themselves have changed beyond recognition.

woot.

I have a hard time calling Evergrey metal at all. I think Recreation Day is a solid release, but the rest of what I've heard is weak and lame...hardly metal.

What can I say, I enjoy in flames live. Their records might not be up to par lately (Colony and before, I love them), but every time I see them live I see a show more then worth its money.

MY problem with this tour is fucking throwdown. WHY is there a fucking hardcore band on this tour? I'm gonna have to deal with fucking emo's and hardcore dancers while I watch some real metal?

Which is fucking horrid, haha. The openers on the last inflames tour got 40 minute sets (then again, in flames had a 2 hour set), so nevermore shouldn't be as constrained as usual...

great, in flames, nevermore, and evergrey would be nice to see again but the ticket price i have a feeling is going to be something like 25 to 30 especially if they play at a bigger venue in sf. fuck.

EricT said:
dude, will... stay for in flames, i'm telling you they have an AWESOME live show.

I have to admit I saw In Flames last July in St. Louis, MO and they were a good live band. I took the wife and she enjoyed it. I like older In Flames but their live show was good. The problem was sitting through the crap that came before like A Dozen Furies, Gizmachi and Arch Enemy (sorry, they suck butt live). In Flames was worth the $20.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to this tour IF and ONLY IF Throwdown is NOT direct support. I don't care how it's worded in the press release. If Throwdown plays 45 minutes I will be pissed. This band blows.

OK, on a side note, people, let's examine this now. Nevermore is opening for Disturbed in Europe. True no one here is a big fan of Disturbed but this will bring more fans into the Nevermore fold which is why they do what they do. In Flames, with their more commercialized sound, will also bring new fans to Nevermore. I don't fault WD and the boys for trying to get new fans, but I'm selfish...I want a headline tour...and yes now I'm officially sounding like a whiny little girl....dammit!!!!!!!

Enemy242 said:
great, in flames, nevermore, and evergrey would be nice to see again but the ticket price i have a feeling is going to be something like 25 to 30 especially if they play at a bigger venue in sf. fuck.

Shite...you're right....hell they probably won't even come to St. Louis. In Flames came only to Chicago in Jan. and Feb. with DevilDriver and Zao so St. Louis is probably not big enough.

Hell, Slayer is coming to Pop's in Sauget (might as well be St. Louis) in June so why not In Flames.....you know it's been 5 years since I saw Nevermore live......ugh...Daddy's having withdrawals!!!!!!!