Nevermore - To Open Opeth Tour

Forever Nevermore said:
Am I the only person alive these days who doesn't like Opeth?
I haven't been into them for a few months now, ever since I've discovered old school thrash and, of course, Sanctuary/Nevermore. I might even wait until Nevermore headlines and skip this tour altogether...

I take it no one has noticed that I don't think this tour can happen at least from Nevermore' s perspective as don't part of their headlining tour in Europe go into October at least thru October 9 so I know that they couldn't be on my Arizona date.

tattooedsean666 said:
I take it no one has noticed that I don't think this tour can happen at least from Nevermore' s perspective as don't part of their headlining tour in Europe go into October at least thru October 9 so I know that they couldn't be on my Arizona date.

thats what i said... NM wont be there for atleast the first 5-7 dates seeing as how they'll be in Europe. Which is gay because that means they miss ALOT of vital west coast dates, including every date in california.

eh...I"m starting to smell bullshit.

Did the Dead Heart tour hit Harpo's?

probably just old news turned new by some idiot.

I'd fucking love to see them open for Opeth. My top 2 current metalbands...even if Nevermore would open..they wouldn't be here in time for LA. I'll catch them on their next tour.

Skeksis said:
October 9 - Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
October 10 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues
October 11 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
October 14 - Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
October 15 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
October 17 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Lo-Fi Cafe
October 18 - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
October 20 - Dallas, TX @ Trees
October 21 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
October 22 - San Antonio, TX @ White Rabbit
October 24 - Lawrence, KS @ The Bottleneck
October 25 - St. Louis, MO @ Pop's
October 26 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
October 27 - Detroit, MI @ Harpo's
October 28 - Toronto, ON @ The Opera House
October 30 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
November 4 - Buffalo, NY @ Showplace Theatre
November 5 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
November 6 - Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
November 7 - Winston-Salem, NC @ Ziggy's
November 8 - Atlanta, GA @ Coca-Cola Roxy Theatre
November 9 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues
November 11 - Fort Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room

Dates do not jive....I just checked the website for Ziggy's in NC, it reads:
MON NOV 14

OPETH

(ROCK)

TIX $15 IN ADVANCE

DOORS AT 8:00 / SHOW AT 9:00

Nothing about Nevermore and the date is different.

Hey, this is Dan from SMNnews.com. Just a few things:

1) Harpo's is, in fact, the ONLY site that has Nevermore listed, case in point why that site was named in the post. However, given that a venue site does in fact have it listed (http://www.harposconcerttheatre.com/index.htm), it is news and therefore, is posted. We would love to have someone from the Opeth or Nevermore camp confirm this, but for whatever reasons, entertainers are harder to get in contact with than politicians (true story). If anything's fucked up, it's on Harpo's' end. I'm going to try to contact the venue by Monday evening to see what's going on. Sentient6, if you're reading this and have any info, could you please share? Thanks a lot!
2) I changed the Ziggy's post this morning... it wasn't that the original date was wrong, but rather it was moved. That's just pretty much how it worked out... things happen really fast sometimes when tour dates are being put together.
3) Rumor (completely unconfirmed, I should add) has it that Between The Buried And Me is one of the other opening bands. When we can confirm that, we'll post it, but that's just the name circulating around the rumor mill right now.

Personally, I'd like to see Dark Tranquillity land a spot on this tour, thus making it completely perfect (the three best albums of 2005 are unquestionably This Godless Endeavor, Ghost Reveries and Character... the exact order of which will be pretty tough to decide). Regardless though... NEMHF '03, when Opeth and Nevermore headlined and Beyond the Embrace, Lacuna Coil and Shadows Fall all played as well, was one of the best shows EVER. I was fortunate enough to get on stage twice during Nevermore's set... Warrel gave me the mic for Beyond Within, and I was part of the free-for-all you may have seen on the DVD during The Sound of Silence.

Rock on, I'll be at the Buffalo show. Horns to Dead Lioness for showing up to Jaxx... that's my old stomping grounds. Probably seen you there a few times and just never knew.

Here's a picture of what Harpo's has on the site, btw, underneith text that says THURS OCT 27TH, ROADRUNNER RECORDS PRESENTS:
cb1c2d20.jpg

opethnevermoreharpostop_large.jpg

opethnevermoreharpos_large.jpg

The Opeth / Nevermore post's been updated. Here's how it now reads:
Nevermore - To Open Opeth Tour..? **UPDATED**
posted on 09-02-2005 @ 9:38 PM
According to the Harpo's Concert Theatre venue website, NEVERMORE has been tapped as one of the openers for OPETH's forthcoming headlining US tour. Two more national openers will be announced soon.
However, NEVERMORE currently have some European tour dates that conflict with this tour, as they will be headlining their own tour in Europe from September 16 - October 13.

Tentative dates for the tour are as follows (*note date change for Ziggy's show*)
October 9 - Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
October 10 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues
October 11 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
- dates in conflict with NEVERMORE's headlining schedule

October 14 - Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
October 15 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
October 17 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Lo-Fi Cafe
October 18 - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
October 20 - Dallas, TX @ Trees
October 21 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
October 22 - San Antonio, TX @ White Rabbit
October 24 - Lawrence, KS @ The Bottleneck
October 25 - St. Louis, MO @ Pop's
October 26 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
October 27 - Detroit, MI @ Harpo's
October 28 - Toronto, ON @ The Opera House
October 30 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
November 4 - Buffalo, NY @ Showplace Theatre
November 5 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
November 6 - Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
November 8 - Atlanta, GA @ Coca-Cola Roxy Theatre
November 9 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues
November 11 - Fort Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room
November 14 - Winston-Salem, NC @ Ziggy's

A phone call and an email have been sent to Harpos in order to clear up the situation at hand. If and when they are returned, we will let you know.

i think they should play philly and NYC date between the 30th and 4th if that is at all possible...
either that or come back around after NC's date
just as long as they play NYC not on a monday or tuesday i'm happy :) (i have night classes those days)

also if they play NYC/Philly DIVINITY DESTROYED AND/OR DISTORTED MIND MUST PLAY!

DanSMN said:
should be noted the first three Opeth dates are in conflict with Nevermore's European headlining tour... emails and phone calls have been placed to both Harpo's and Century Media, so hopefully this'll be cleared up soon.

thanks for making sure we're getting the facts.