Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

taht would be cool though. tits on soulseek. music and boobs all in one place! (yes i realize that strip clubs also have music and boobs and liquor, but they cost money. you could try to argue that your girlfriend with a cd is music and boobs for free but they cost money as well)
-neal

fuck u all ,jeff cant even write music the only thing he can do is playing emotionless arpeggios(yngwie ripoff)richard christy would kill van in 2 fuckin seconds and steve is by far the best bassist ever.And fuck matt is gone but Tim can fuckin scream stop comparing mothafuckers

You can get your tomatoes ready if you wish, but I prefer Iced Earth. Both are great bands though, and good friends with each other, so I see no reason to turn it into a shit-slinging competition.

QuothTheRaven said:
ledmag, fuck you

Jon Shaffer is not a jealous fuck off or anything of the sort. I met the guy and he's actually really cool. The post you just made was the most juvenille thing i have ever seen you post. I also have all CDs from both bands and I have to say that if you think jon can't play then you're quite mistaken. It takes a very special kind of guitar player to play lead, and jon is aware of this. I read an interview in which he said "This band was never formed about being a rock star or a guitar hero or anything like that. I'm a songwriter, Iced Earth is merely a forum through which i can channel that ability."
I admire jon for his vision for his band, he knows just what he wants.
As for jon being un-experimental, etc etc, this is also not true. It just so happens that jon has a very distinct style of writing. To say it's dated is just stupid. No band has ever sounded like IE so it's pretty hard to say it was popular in the 80's and a trend.
As for the "Fuck posers Iced Earth/Blind Guardian 4 ever" thing. I hardly think that has anything to do with an IE vs Nevermore comparison. Ok, so jon hates posers? so do i, great, so should you. Who gives a fuck if he has that on his album booklets? I like seeing that, it means jon has the same intensity and passion for the music he's always had.
As for IE/BG 4 ever, i think it's awsome that these 2 bands can have a great friendship and working relationship. Demons and Wizards was fuckin' awsome. Why is that so childish? you know what else is childish? from sanctuary's Into the Mirror black, under the thanks section: "...Testament(You guys are hella ragin' and the coolest dudes we toured with. Long may you devastate!)..."
you want to know another thing that is childish? Attacking a person's interviews and mannerisms to make a musical comparison. You sound like a fucking ignorant politician who can't back his views so he attacks the other's integrity. normally ledmag i wouldn't say this, but your post was inane and proved nothing. Normally i think your posts can sometimes be quite insightful, this time around it was crap.

exactly, besides, ledmag's quote was hardly intelligent

one more thing- i agree that nevermore is far more talented than Iced Earth, but IE is quite good and i wouldn't compare them to first graders

I'm inclided to agree with you. I, too, have every CD from both bands. IE and Nevermore are two of my all-time favorite bands. At any given time you'll find at least one CD from both bands in my stereo. Both bands are extremely talented in their own ways. Granted, Nevermore is a bit more philosophical... but that doesn't necessarily make them better. Just different. I don't think I could say which band is better. They're both very talented, and have a tendency to rip your ear off and punch you in the brain (musically speaking) at any given moment. I, personally, can't decide which band I like better. I love them both. I wish both bands the best of luck in any future endeavors, and hope that they'll both be around for many years to come. IE and Nevermore are the only bands that actually make me want to pick up their new releases the day they come out. They're the only bands I can get THAT excited about. I'd probably give a limb to meet either band.

Metal mann, you are retarded. I mean, seriously. You're mentally disabled. You're a spud. You got your internet access from the Knights of Columbus.

Yeah, both bands kick ass. They need to tour together, and throw Blind Guardian in there while they're at it. 75-90 minutes each band, rotating headliners along the way.