Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

I've met both bands and I like them both but the first time I heard Warrel in Sanctuary it changed my life lyrically he's a God and out of ALL METAL BANDS they will always remain my fav. Barlow has a fantastic voice but he very much lacks in personality he'd hardly took the time out to speak to me where as Warrel went outside and let me sing bv for DNB they almost let me sing on their stage!!I sat at the bar and sung in Jim's hear one of my songs and seemed to have enjoyed himself. Van has been my biggest fan he's the one who got Warrel outside and as for Jeff the way he plays is phenominal. There isn't a single song produced that I don't love and know the words and music to. As for Iced earth there are some songs that are lacking somekind of magic.I sung my way backstage down a hallway just to meet NEVERMORE and they recieved me with open arms unlike Iced Earth although I do quite enjoy dark saga the cd Ididn't pawn after meeting them( if you don't want to talk to me I don't want to listen to you or spend my money on your cd)You gott'a have good fan relations like the way Nevermore treats their fans.
I'm looking for a guitarist as talented as jeff yet unique in his/her own style Good Luck Right?? mysticstateofmind@sbcglobal.net
NEVERMORE FOREVERMORE I will be buried with my cds and my bubblegum card picture of Sanctuary which was the best BD gift I ever recieved not to mention my bootlegged Sanctuary video I'd give my left tit to have seen them live!! I want to change lives with my music the way Nevermore has changed and twisted me and until I do this I will be a Dead Heart in a Dead World. My goal is to one day open up for them. I got the name of their studio in Tornillo and talked to Neil Kernon and he told me to send a demo the doors are slowly creeping open for me but I'm a Taurus and I tend to shove them open I don't like to be told no EVER so full steam ahead into the underground I will journey taking all my influences including Nevermore and Iced Earth!!!This bitch is going to kick Britney and all that other garbage they call music right up the ass. I miss headbangers ball!!! Metal used to be mainstream and it WILL ENGULF AND DEVOUR again, THE BEAST IS ONLY SLEEPING FOR NOW!!

Non musicians will like both bands...But for pro players like myself. Nevermore is the most skilled band around.

Now maybe if Alex Skolink took his head out of his Jazz books Loomis might have an equal.

But the guy is just so classy. Not all players can solo as well as him AND nail amazing rythums.

Tidy fekin beans

Owen Gibbins

LEEZARD, Chromo, AGUY.... .....

Its just the band....bob co wrote 3 songs on that one LP. I love the band, but cant stand Bobby Dylon. The Band were the Hawks...named after this Hawkins guy....and then Bob asked them to back him on tour.....after the big tour,,,they kept the name....THE BAND. ITs very good stuff...the vocal harmonies are amazing. not to mention the many many instrements they used.

Well, here is a bit of history that Lizard may be interested in, its on the guitar player, he is from CANADA...

here it is:
Robbie Robertson

Jaime Robert Robertson, born July 5, 1943. Instrument: Guitar.

Biography

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Jason Ankeny
Copyright © Jason Ankeny, All-Music Guide. All Rights Reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the premier songwriters of the rock era, Robbie Robertson was born July 5, 1943 in Toronto, Ontario. The son of a Jewish father and Mohawk mother, Jaime Robbie Robertson's first brush with live music came at the Six Nations Reservation, his mother's girlhood home; at the age of five, he also gained exposure to the country music of rural America. Not long after, he began taking guitar lessons from a cousin, and gradually began composing his first songs. As time wore on, his musical interests evolved from country to big band to rock, and he eventually dropped out of school to pursue a career as a performer. In 1958, he hooked up with rockabilly star Ronnie Hawkins' backing band the Hawks, joining fellow sidemen Levon Helm, Rick Danko, Garth Hudson and Richard Manuel.

After remaining with Hawkins through 1963, the Hawks began working on their own; they soon came to the attention of Bob Dylan, and became the support unit on the singer's now-legendary 1965-1966 world tour. Continuing their affiliation with Dylan, the group, renamed simply the Band, went on to become one of rock's seminal acts; propelled by Robertson's acute, evocative examinations of American mythology and lore, they made a series of seminal LPs, including 1968's Music From Big Pink and the following year's self-titled masterpiece. The Band dissolved on Thanksgiving Day, 1976 following an all-star concert filmed by director Martin Scorsese and later released as The Last Waltz. The project marked the beginning of Robertson's long affiliation with Scorsese, as well as an interest in dramatic acting; in 1980, Robertson produced and starred in Carny, co-starring Jodie Foster and Gary Busey.

Also in 1980, he composed the score to Scorsese's brilliant Raging Bull, and continued to confine his musical activity to the film medium for the next several years, later working with Scorsese on the acerbic 1983 satire King of Comedy and 1986's The Color Of Money, the sequel to The Hustler. Finally, in 1987 Robertson released his self-titled solo debut, which included guest appearances from onetime Band mates Danko and Hudson as well as U2, Peter Gabriel, Daniel Lanois and Gil Evans. Storyville a conceptual piece steeped in the sounds and imagery of a famed area of New Orleans, followed in 1990. In 1994, Robertson returned to his roots, teaming with the Native American group the Red Road Ensemble for Music for The Native Americans, a collection of songs composed for a television documentary series. Contact From the Underworld of Redboy followed in 1998.
--Jason Ankeny, All-Music Guide

Check these songs by THE BAND:
The Weight
IT makes No Difference
Up on Cripple Creek
The NIght They Drove They Drove Ol DIxie Down

yeah I think all the Band were from canada except the drummer, Levon Helm. they could all play different instruments, but now when you see that "The Band" is playing a concert you won't see Robertson with them because he and Levon hate each other, Levon says Robertson stole songwriting credits from him.

LEDMAG you must if you haven't seen it already, http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ref=sr_1_1/102-2016469-4514549?v=glance&s=dvd , directed by Martin Scorcese, their last concert when they broke up the first time, also guest musicians Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell, the great Muddy Waters, Neil Young, Dr. John, Emmylou Harris

some say the greatest concert film ever.

Oh yes. I ahev had the VHS in time spast. I may just get it again. ITs a 3 cd set as well.....

yeah man, Levon is known as the most trusted guy in the music biz...you can tell him any idea, and he wont run with it like its his.

Levon is my fav. I just love his voice.
DId you see him, sheryl Crow, and some other girl do THE WEIGHT a few yrs back on some music award program? If you didnt, well, Levon plays the mandolin, and lead vox, adn sheryl did the axe work, and backing vox, and other chic, she just did backing vox. It was AWSOME.

the band did that song...its one of the tunes i suggested up there....CRIPPLE CREEK.... ANd yeah, Levon did the main singing...All the rest of the full members did back up vox.

"Up on Cripple Creek she takes me
If i spring a leak she mends me
I dont haev to speak she defends me
SHes a drunkards dream if i ever did see one"

Yeah, your right NEal Y is a hacker, and cant sing for shit, but i do like his style...He wrote real good honest songs. From the heart IMO......as did The band.

Up on Cripple Creek and Teh Night they Drove Ol Dixie DOwn can both be found the self Titled brown album...otherwise known as THE BIG BROWN. 1969....their second LP.

ITs cool you dig this sort of sound. I never thought a one of ya would go for teh BAND or dylon, or NY.

a freaking monster cd:
117404.jpg

I listened to Neal Young when i was about 5 or 6. Havn't really done it much lately though.

god, i havn't listen to tweater and the monkeyman since i was like 5 either....

-mike