Nevermore @ Wacken 06

i cant watch the video but ill tell you what, i do know Chris does well..everyone misses Steve but nothing can be done right now..
Thanks for stopping by Mr. Brodrick! :D

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
most of the times ive seen nevermore live they had a crappy sound. but blaming the 2nd guitarist is a bit absurd. especially seeing boderick's skills...

I've seen them live 3 times now, and everytime I've been impressed by the sound!

???

Steve and Chris both have their own unique styles and I enjoy both to a huge degree. Steve's situation is very sad to hear, but if anyone could *replace* him, it is a Mr Chris Broderick (or maybe a Will Bozarth, but he'd spend all his time at the merch table instead of on stage :p) I reckon some kid/mentally backward adult just wanted to kick something off, Nevermore have always had a good sound when I seen them and if any mistakes were made, it's because they are human. Get over it.

OH, and - STEPH, YA HOT! :p

MetalSteph said:
Since you only have two posts I gotta assumed that you joined the forum purely to bash Chris, a long time friend of the bands (and mine) that learned a full set of Nevermore material in four days before their tour in order to fill in for Steve.

MetalSteph said:
MetalFister said:
The sound sucks in that clip. Clear your ears people!

And no need to be so defensive Metalsteph - you say your not gonna bash Smyth but you do just that?

Another noobie?

Ahahah

I didn't bash Steve. I said I like Chris better. Bashing Steve would be to say that "Nevermore started sucking when he joined. Where the hell is Tim, Pat or Curran." Dork.

Let's get this straight- I never did BASH Chris so where do YOU get off?!
I thought I would finally join this forum because its the first time I actually
had anything to say! It seems my opinion has really lit a fire under evryone's ass! I just love Nevermore and hope them the best.

Holy Shit! Do you guys rain shit on ALL the noobs on here? If I knew this was an exclusive club I
would have never posted!

There is nothing worse than a fan who ALWAYS says,' oohh you guys sounded great' when it is not ALWAYS true. Constructive criticism is meant to be just that- CONSTRUCTIVE.
I am sure Nevermore cares about what their fans truly think, flattery never got anyone anywhere
for long. But if you all want to keep smooching ass feel free. It is YOUR club.

metalbloodtoejam said:
There is nothing worse than a fan who ALWAYS says,' oohh you guys sounded great' when it is not ALWAYS true. Constructive criticism is meant to be just that- CONSTRUCTIVE.
I am sure Nevermore cares about what their fans truly think, flattery never got anyone anywhere

regardless the thread with its other contents and interpretations, to this comment I say: ALRIGHTY!! :cool:

metalbloodtoejam said:
Since you only have two posts I gotta assumed that you joined the forum purely to bash Chris, a long time friend of the bands (and mine) that learned a full set of Nevermore material in four days before their tour in order to fill in for Steve.

Let's get this straight- I never did BASH Chris so where do YOU get off?!
I thought I would finally join this forum because its the first time I actually
had anything to say! It seems my opinion has really lit a fire under evryone's ass! I just love Nevermore and hope them the best.

Holy Shit! Do you guys rain shit on ALL the noobs on here? If I knew this was an exclusive club I
would have never posted!

wow dude...you have issues!

this thread is ... whatever...
how can anyone make statements about the sound based on some fucking recording which was probably made by some stupid motherfucker on his cell phone or something...

Have been a bit of a 'voyeur' on this forum, so i probably will accept i'm a n00b... and the bashing that comes with it :heh:

Let's clarify something. I was at wacken, and Nevermore slayed. Probably having one of the best 'festival' sounds of all the bands. I did notice 'festival' hiccups (Van a little premature after the Narcosynthesis solo :lol: ) but hell, that is to be expected. If you have never been to such a full scale, immense festival such as Wacken, then ya really have no basis to judge a band by a webstream or youtube etc.

The boys were pumped.. and i'd take passion and intensity over note for note regurgitation any day!

As for Chris.... he ripped. plain and simple :headbang: can't ask for nothing else... truly one of the most accomplished guitarists in metal.

Steve brings a whole new edge to Nevermore, not just live... but bringing quality songs and character to the table... which is why he is a member of Nevermore.

Finally... my cherry popped! :devil:

I got my dead heat (pic-lp) signed \,,/...another signed album to put on the wall... Just ashame I were way to drunk to say anythong too them except skål!!

ohh...this is about da sound..lol

Like sammysatan said, Nevermore had one of the best sound on WOA this year.. Many others I think had real crappy sound-!!

Hey Chris, how was the sound onstage? Most of the bands seemed to be all kick drum at first with no vocals or guitars, I guess thats an issue with only having line-checks and no actual sound-check. I wondered how it was through the monitors? Oh, and you play the same model Ibanez as me, just better...

(yeah I'm a groupie, bite me :rolleyes: )

In other news: I just noticed I'm on the Wacken streaming video for about a tenth of a second, grinning like a gimp. Yay!

the fact is this.

theres a nevermore sound curse.

80% of the time you see them, something sound wise is never mixed correctly. last time i saw them it was van. he wasnt miced well at all. sometimes warrels not miced loud enough. other times the guitars sound off.

they need to take sneap on the road with them. make him a permanent fixture if you know what i mean.