NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

That doesn't make downloading the album and not buying it alright tho:Smug:

It kind of makes up for it, band merchandise and concert ticket prices are up because of people downloading their music for free.
Its kind of a trade off, you can download the music for free, and as a result of that, ticket prices and merch prices go up.

they get most their money from clothing and concert ticket sales anyway.

you do realize that if no one buys the cd the label doesn't want to send them out on tours right? if no one buys the cds then the labels don't have any reason for having them and all the money they put into the band is wasted and they don't put the band on good tours or go out of their way to help and keep the band afloat. while i think that downloading leaks if you're going to buy the album is fine, i don't think the argument of i won't buy the cd, i'll just buy a tshirt is right. until the music industry can move away from cds and into a new form of distribution, people need to still buy the bands cds to support them.

you do realize that if no one buys the cd the label doesn't want to send them out on tours right? if no one buys the cds then the labels don't have any reason for having them and all the money they put into the band is wasted and they don't put the band on good tours or go out of their way to help and keep the band afloat. while i think that downloading leaks if you're going to buy the album is fine, i don't think the argument of i won't buy the cd, i'll just buy a tshirt is right. until the music industry can move away from cds and into a new form of distribution, people need to still buy the bands cds to support them.

i never said anything about not buying a cd and just buying a t-shirt, there are still going to be a ton of diehard bodom fans that will buy the CD no matter what. all im saying is that most their income is from merchandise and concert sales, not CDs

that is true that they get more money from that, but to keep going strong and doing more tours and making more merch there needs to be demand, which i'm pretty sure is not just from how many shows they sell out, but how many cds they sell. so even if all the diehard bodom fans buy the cd, the more people that buy the cd, the better. you may not be giving them as much money buying the cd, but you're giving them more power to keep going and make more money, play more shows and write more albums.

Save your breath and stop talking about this okay? I mean everyone. Talk about the album, it's what this thread is for, but don't reveal spoilers. Like Hellhounds starts with orchestral hit. I didn't want to know that. It spoiled a surprise.

lol, internet drama. Just stop fighting.

Everyone knows that you never buy CDs, so get out :p

And it's obvious that the development and all the leak stuff can't be stopped. It's also true that our behaviour changes shit. I know that.
But (@tempestadiossa and the others) it's important for me how I act and if my actions agree with my personal opinions.

So "there's nothing we can do against it, leaks will always happen" may be right. But for me, it's not an argument because my opinions about it are have not changend.

It's a question of respect towards the band if you accept their decision about the release date or not.

@Enemy242: I agree with you. I can't stand these computer freaks who never buy albums and say they'd support the band with shirts.

so, what should we talk about now?

i think the single comes out tomorrow so you could talk about that even though it was on the radio. from what i've heard the quality on the radiorip of the cover was bad though so it'll be nice to finally hear the whole single in good quality.

btw I fucking love Hellhounds on My Trail!!! It kicks ass! and i like that Alexi is using a wah pedal in some of his solos, sounds crazy!

And did you know that Alexi uses wah pedal in maaaaany of his solos, just that you don't think about it. You're Better Off Dead, Hate Me !, Hate Crew Deathroll, Chokehold (Cocked 'n' Loader) and many other songs is he using the wah in. :p

The music industry is heading for a big change. It's largely the antiquated marketing system that's to blame and the unwillingness to follow with the evolution of technology - after all they want to sell you that expensive plastic (compact discs, so to speak). It's clear that cd sales are dropping and will be doing so with or without the leaks. On the other hand digital music sales have been skyrocketing.

Read http://torrentfreak.com/how-pirates-will-change-the-entertainment-industry-080119/ for some interesting views (and yes, I do mean read it before you start flaming by just seeing the URL).

And I think it's only fair that customers can listen the album (any album) before making the purchase decision. You wouldn't buy a car without test driving it first (had to make this effin analogy to counter the "you wouldn't steal --" anti-piracy ads). And don't tell me I have the possibility to skim through and listen to top10 albums in some stuffy supermarket as it's not a real alternative. Luckily some bands have already realized this as they have decided to stream entire albums over the Internet even before the official sales.

Before mp3s you could burn a CD on a copier programme on your device. It was clumsy but it worked, yet it was nothing compared to this.

Before mp3s you could burn a CD on a copier programme on your device. It was clumsy but it worked, yet it was nothing compared to this.

back then, you needed to have at least 1 original cd, so that is better than how it can be done now.

When looking to the future, I fear the worst...

Went in with an open mind, as I didn't like AYDY (apart from a few songs).

This has some good soloing. Some decdent riffs, but overall not worth my time. Gave it maybe 4 or 5 listens, and can't get into it.
I was told they were aiming for a more FTR style sound, and if that was true, they failed at it.

Better than AYDY, but only about 3 songs I really like. Second last song on the album is their worst song I've heard, except for maybe If you want Piece...

If you liked AYDY, good chance you'll like Blooddrunk. All there is to say.