NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

this is the best album by the new CoB though no match to the old CoB
You realize apart from Alexander who helped write about 3 songs it's the same CoB? As much as I like black metal, death metal, and progressive metal, thank fuck Alexi learned how to write a song, it wasn't til FTR that writing a good strong metal song really seemed to start meaning a lot to them. I've still only heard 3 songs from Blooddrunk but if it's at least as good as AYDY I'm happy, Fuck another Hatebreeder.

This is something everyone has to ask from themselves. I'm not even going to bother trying to remove all the comments on the leaked album because it would be pointless as that's the only thing people seem to want to talk about right now here. However, closing the whole board until the album comes out is one thing that needs to be put under consideration. Also, it shouldn't come as a surprise what the consequences of posting download- or youtube links or requests to PM where to find it are.

I had a brief talk with Henkka about this yesterday and no matter how excited you guys are about the new album, you should have the decency to stop for a minute to think how devastated the band is because of it and everyone commenting the album that shouldn't be out before April. The situation here is being observed closely and it's been nice to see that at least some people have still some respect for the band. This is, after all, a messageboard they pay the hosting for so their fans could discuss the music they make for YOU.
Honestly, read this and just needed to comment, a band who has been in the business for 10+ years still being devastated by an album leak? No remorse from my end whatsoever. Like...where have they been the past couple years? Impersonating an ostrich? Do they not read the news? Do they not get it? It can't be stopped and will not be stopped, stop fucking crying about it, learn to live with it and eventually try to embrace it.

Honestly, read this and just needed to comment, a band who has been in the business for 10+ years still being devastated by an album leak? No remorse from my end whatsoever. Like...where have they been the past couple years? Impersonating an ostrich? Do they not read the news? Do they not get it? It can't be stopped and will not be stopped, stop fucking crying about it, learn to live with it and eventually try to embrace it.

While you raise a valid point, the fact of the matter is that if they don't want it being discussed here then that's the end of it, they fucking pay for the board. And if no one wants to show some godamn respect then hopefully they DO shut the fucking place down until April :lol:

I would support a full board shut down. Freedom of speech is something I strongly believe in, internet censorship just really shows how primordial the minds are of the people behind the control board. Besides, the best way to fight an enemy you can not win against is to deny it battle.

Shut down the board, let us go elsewhere to discuss it, come back in April and well discuss it further.

PS I refuse to show respect to band who speak in constant platitudes about albums leaks.

>>Spirit Crusher- I think that is sweet and all but the issue here is promoting an album that is not even out yet, not restricting people's opinion on the album. It is understandable. Shutting down the board? Perhaps not.

>>Spirit Crusher- I think that is sweet and all but the issue here is promoting an album that is not even out yet, not restricting people's opinion on the album. It is understandable. Shutting down the board? Perhaps not.

So when was promotion a bad thing? Theres an old saying that goes like "any press is good press". While shutting the board down is quite extreme, I'd rather see it happen than see these fools fucking cry about something they should have expected before they even started recording the album and furthermore criticizing their fanbase for being curious when the album was leaked.

It really alienates borderline fans.

Look, not that I give a shit... but we were asked NICELY to stop discussing the new album leak HERE. If you can't do that then fuck off. Talk amongst yourselves on MSN or some other forum, just don't do it on the band's own forum. If you don't have that respect for this place then as I said, fuck off.

Couldn't agree more. I'm not a "borderline" fan - I think CoB have every right to be thoroughly pissed off about the leak, no matter how 'inevitable' it might have been, and to then have the album dissected ahead of time on their own board just sucks.

I agree with you to a certain extent. I also don't feel sorry for bands/labels who send hundreds of promos out 3 months before the release date and wonder why the album is on the net the next day. The Blooddrunk case here is unfortunate because the promos weren't even really out yet but I don't want to go into further details about that.

spirit crusher said:
While shutting the board down is quite extreme, I'd rather see it happen than see these fools fucking cry about something they should have expected before they even started recording the album and furthermore criticizing their fanbase for being curious when the album was leaked.

I hope this isn't what you tell your girlfriend if she gets raped on the way home from a bar.. I believe these things can be stopped or at least postponed way closer to the release date by just simply not spreading the promos blindly.

Also, just for the record, my posts here do not represent the 'official standpoint of the band' unless stated otherwise. My opinions are my opinions and my opinions only. If you read my post closely, I didn't threathen people who discuss the album with the banhammer. I just encouraged everyone to make their own decision whether it's appropriate or not considering that the band isn't pleased with this situation. They haven't made an announcement regarding this situation yet but one might be on its way if they feel like action needs to be taken.

Does anyone have any idea what the numbers 8902 and 7222 printed on the single and the single cover mean? Or do they even mean anything :lol:

I think Alexander Kuoppala entered the rehearsal room with his old keys, grabbed some CDs and spreaded them over the whole net. :lol:

:lol:

No seriously I think someone who works for Spinefarm/whatever had the songs on his home computer and apparently his 13 year old son decided to fuck with them. The first post was from Sweden.. so you go figure..

:lol:

No seriously I think someone who works for Spinefarm/whatever had the songs on his home computer and apparently his 13 year old son decided to fuck with them. The first post was from Sweden.. so you go figure..

Yeah that would fit. They don't give a rats ass of if they kill the band. Some 13 year old called me stupid yesterday when i told him i had ordered COB album AND single. He was like "Are you fucking stupid?! You can get it for free on the net...why pay?"

Because that generation has only recently got into music, and for them it's normal to download music, and buying a CD would just be wannabe or something.

But it's the same for every band out there; those people who download stuff, do that, and those who buy, still keep buying. I don't know what the percentage of downloads is compared to buying an album and if it's increasing.