NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

Parts of that song are genuine and I'd love to hear it full volume.. but for me the chorus is very boring and the solo melody kinda out of place.

As do I, especially that keyboard solo; Janne sounds fucking frantic.
Indeed!

You're publicly admitting you like something other than old-style Bodom... do you realize that? :p
Ha, I knew you'd point that out!
And well, yes, I admit I like it, cuz nothing wrong with that, I always listen to anything I like, whether it's metal or not, and regardless of the fact that it's old-CoB-style or not... everyone knows that I am still stuck with the Hatebreeder/Something Wild/Follow The Reaper era, but I like some songs in AYDY? a lot too (expecially "Trashed, Lost And Strungout", "We're Not Gonna Fall" and "Punch Me I Bleed"), so I have no problem admitting anything publicly, Sir. :)

┼Victim of the Night┼;7214498 said:
Ha, I knew you'd point that out!

Am I that predictable?

everyone knows that I am still stuck with the Hatebreeder/Somwthing Wild/Follow The Reaper era, but I like some songs in AYDY? a lot too (expecially "Thrashed, Lost And Strungout", "We're Not Gonna Fall" and "Punch Me I Bleed")

And there I thought you hated anything that didn't fit the HB-FtR combo... :eek:

Am I that predictable?
Not at all, dude.
By "predictable" I meant that, after me saying that I liked that new song, I figured you'd point out what you just did due to another conversation we had a good while ago, in which I had said that I wasn't that hopeful about the new album because I've always claimed to love the old CoB music more.

And there I thought you hated anything that didn't fit the HB-FtR combo... :eek:
Nope, read above.
First off, you're talking to someone who's never been able to hate... but that's another story and I mentioned that just to mess about.
Seriously now, my favourite albums are in order Hatebreeder, Something Wild, Follow The Reaper... then, there's all the rest, but this doesn't mean that I literally hate the new albums, I like a lot of them as well, just less than the old stuff.

And well, yes, I admit I like it, cuz nothing wrong with that, I always listen to anything I like, whether it's metal or not, and regardless of the fact that it's old-CoB-style or not... everyone knows that I am still stuck with the Hatebreeder/Something Wild/Follow The Reaper era, but I like some songs in AYDY? a lot too (expecially "Trashed, Lost And Strungout", "We're Not Gonna Fall" and "Punch Me I Bleed"), so I have no problem admitting anything publicly, Sir. :)

I'm the exact same way. AYDY is good, has a few gems (Living Dead Beat, In Your Face, and Trashed Lost and Strungout come to mind first for me), but Follow the Reaper and Hatebreeder will always be my favorite albums.

I must admit though, Blooddrunk was a fantastic return to form for me. A really enjoyable album, all the way through. Especially the title track.

IYF is actually my favorite on the album. A good song through-and-through.

It's the juvenile lyrics that prevent me from enjoying it to the fullest extent, though.

IYF is actually my favorite on the album. A good song through-and-through.

It's the juvenile lyrics that prevent me from enjoying it to the fullest extent, though.

Eh, the lyrics are dumb, but same applies to HATE ME! and HCDR all those "FUCK YOU" type songs :lol: Juvenile to the max but that doesn't make them inferior songs nor should it prevent you from enjoying them :p if you don't take them too seriously then it's good :p

^Lyrics don't mean shit to me, :lol: I care for the music. THEN, if the music is good, I might start looking at the lyrics, but they're not an important part on me liking the song or not. F.e., YBOD lyrics are cool IMO, so they are on ETID, but I didn't look at them before listening and liking the music.

i miss the old lyrics with stuff like
"the clash of wickedness veils lake bodom bloodred, we have gathered our sould to praise the triumph of death"
"the faint blaze of the candle of my life... etc"
i find lyrics like that pretty cool but nowadays all he sings about is i don't give a flying fuck motherfucker look how cool hatecrew is:erk:
cob has never been too good at lyrics but this sucks balls

in my opinion.

but just like children of cob said, the music is more important ^^

Eh, the lyrics are dumb, but same applies to HATE ME!

I always thought Hate me! was a parody of black metal: the lyrics trace out the dumbest stereotypes the genre has to offer whilst the "happy" melody just makes a fool of them :p Which is why those lyrics were love at first reading, for me.

I always thought Hate me! was a parody of black metal: the lyrics trace out the dumbest stereotypes the genre has to offer whilst the "happy" melody just makes a fool of them :p Which is why those lyrics were love at first reading, for me.

:mad:

Black metal lyrics are awesome. :lol:

Burzum - Dunkelheit

"When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
A chill rises
From the soil
And contaminates the air
Suddenly...
Life has new meaning"

Seriously, how can you not say that black metal lyrics are awesome? :p

black metals epic, this actually isnt their best performance though, anyone agree? i loved their earlier work, i dunno, maybe this needs time to set in haha

yes, i completely agree. the band may have changed their sound a little, but the music still kicks your ass. i dont think they completely sold out, but just changed their sound a little and experimented with a new direction. they kinda got rid of that black metal feel for the most part, so i am a little disappointed with that, but what are you gonna do? give it time, get used to it maybe...
black metal lyrics are truly great, but i personally think that power metal is the "epic" stuff you should go for.
im a new member, hi guys :) i love COB.