NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

having 9 songs per album is not what made the albums good ffs.

Didn't say it was. But why change precedent merely for the sake of changing precedent? What's the gain? Sounds like a redundant idea to me.

Weissach said:
But I'm saying that if having 9 tracks for FtR wasn't important initially, then why now? I mean adding a ninth track to add length is one thing, but I don't think he added Kissing the Shadows because he wanted exactly 9 tracks.
It's "important" now, because we're already four albums in with this "nine songs" tradition.

And I'm perfectly aware that Alexi added KtS on Follow the Reaper because he wanted the album to be longer, not because he wanted nine songs. But then again, there was only one nine-song album prior to it. I don't think he saw a clear pattern at the time.

We have four nine-song albums now, there's a clear pattern; why break the streak this far into the band's discography, is my point.

Again, I wouldn't complain if we got a ten-song album. I'm just saying, one would think even the band would consider it weird by now.

Didn't say it was. But why change precedent merely for the sake of changing precedent? What's the gain? Sounds like a redundant idea to me.

It's "important" now, because we're already four albums in with this "nine songs" tradition.

And I'm perfectly aware that Alexi added KtS on Follow the Reaper because he wanted the album to be longer, not because he wanted nine songs. But then again, there was only one nine-song album prior to it. I don't think he saw a clear pattern at the time.

We have four nine-song albums now, there's a clear pattern; why break the streak this far into the band's discography, is my point.

Again, I wouldn't complain if we got a ten-song album. I'm just saying, one would think even the band would consider it weird by now.

there is no fucking tradition, there is no precedent. jesus christ. you could make "streaks" out of just about everything, so just stfu ffs.

Why would it matter if there was a tradition? If the songs are good that's worth my money.

Not that I believe in this "he's writing nine new songs because that's what they did on prievious albums" thing.

there is no fucking tradition, there is no precedent. jesus christ. you could make "streaks" out of just about everything, so just stfu ffs.

Then you're blind, because I can see a clear pattern, bud.

Something Wild: 7 songs.
Hatebreeder: 9 songs.
Follow the Reaper: 9 songs.
Hatecrew Deathroll: 9 songs.
Are You Dead Yet: 9 songs. (was 10, but one was pushed off to the single, to make 9.)

Q-E-fucking-D.

The COB-Board is probably the only place in the world where you find fans that COMPLAIN about having one more kickass song than usual on the CD of one of their favourite bands...

Buttock1234 said:

l2read.

Are You Dead Yet: 9 songs. (was 10, but one was pushed off to the single, to make 9.)

Q-E-fucking-D.

Actually Aydy had 8 songs. T,L&S was a different project.

Q-E-fucking-D.

You're absolutely fucking dumb as hell... I'm sorry, but to actually read people so dumb as to analyze how many songs are on each album, and to BITCH about getting 10 songs as opposed to 9 is just about the fucking stupidest thing I've seen on these boards yet. Be fucking happy you have an extra song to listen to, cockwads. :cry::cry::cry:

I think cob always make about half of the kind of material they'd like to. They simply don't have time to make 9 great songs. The "fucking management" says "Make this!" and they'll have to do it. 4 cover songs.. tight schedule for the album.. I think that's a disgrace to musicians of this talent. But this time we can expect some kickass songs definitely.

You're absolutely fucking dumb as hell... I'm sorry, but to actually read people so dumb as to analyze how many songs are on each album, and to BITCH about getting 10 songs as opposed to 9 is just about the fucking stupidest thing I've seen on these boards yet. Be fucking happy you have an extra song to listen to, cockwads. :cry::cry::cry:

Again; learn to fucking read. I'm NOT complaining; I'm just providing evidence that they probably WON'T include ten songs.

It's attitudes like this that are turning the CoB board into such a shit-hole. Always gotta act fucking tough on the internet.

What song was pushed off to the single?

Knuckleduster.