NEW ALBUM "BLOODDRUNK"

BUT, the guy who wrote the article also said that the album is worse than "their latest 2 outputs"

bullshit

he didn't said worse, he said it has less hits after one listening and thats because the songs aren't so catchy anymore. and this doesnt mean it's bad. he also said in the end you cant build an opinion after one listening

Since people seem to own this magazine issue: Could somebody please scan it?

Agreed.

And BTW, any article in english about the new album? I'm reeeeally bad at german, :lol:

They should die a slow, painful death.

Too bad that I have no money to buy the 2 german mags.

That's what I thought, :lol: I'm looking forward the live DVD if I can get my hands on it, wanna see the violins thing and Vai's songs played by an orchestra, :kickass: He will never stop to amaze me :worship:notworthy:worship:

From English Metal Hammer

UK's Metal Hammer magazine flew to Helsinki to interview Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM recently to get the lowdown on their new album, "Blooddrunk". Frontman Alexi Laiho and keyboard player Janne Wirman were on hand to spill the beans.

1. Hellhounds On My Trail

Alexi: It isn't literally about beasts from the pits of Hell chasing you. It's about stupid things that youve done in the past that come back to haunt you. Whatever. At the end you still don't give a fuck!

Janne: Musically, it has become one of my favourites. In rehearsals you dont really hear his (Alexi) vocals but after everything got put together I became a fan of the first song.

2. Blooddrunk

Alexi: It's about being addicted to spilling your own blood. When I was younger, ten years ago I used to cut myself and all that shit. It's not necessarily just about cutting yourself but about other things you do to yourself and you don't know why. That's the theme of the album.

Janne: It is the first song since our debut album that has that triplet thing, so it feels really fresh musically.

3. LoBodomy

Janne: This is the most difficult to play. It's very aggressive. It's kind of progressive and all that shit.

Alexi: The whole song is super fucking angry. It's got that vibe to it: "These guys are super fucking pissed off!"

4. One Day You Will Cry

Janne: That was one of my favorites from the beginning.

Alexi: Same here. It's very melodic and so forth but it's also like a punch in the face. Especially with this song, I'm really happy with the vocals. It came out like world music! (starts laughing)

Janne: Compared to some of our other stuff, it's almost like pop music! But it's cool.

5. Smile Pretty For The Devil

Janne: It's based on a female character we know and that's all I can say! Is it about sexual perversion? I wish.

6. Tie My Rope (new version)

Janne: We didn't have that much interest in doing this song because we'd already recorded it once for this Bam Margera compilation "Viva La Bands Vol. 2". Even though it's a good song, it feels like there is no challenge left.

Alexi: But I definitely feel that the new version is better.

7. Done With Everything, Die For Nothing

Alexi: It was nothing but trouble this song. We went through a million riffs and a million fucking arrangements and it always sounded like fucking shit no matter what we tried to do. And then we finally got it down but even in the studio it was a fucking drag. It was always missing something. Even after recording it we had to go back to it and change it again. But then finally we got the new chorus and it all fell into place.

Janne: Before that it sounded like a parody of black metal!

8. Banned From Heaven

Alexi: This is my favorite to play. It is our slow song. It's like an old-school death metal ballad! It's very melodic, it's got a lot of rhythm and bass riffs on it.

9. Roadkill Morning

Alexi: We never had any extra songs, we put everything on the album but this time around we did actually have ten songs but we joined two of them together to become "Roadkill Morning" the last song on the album about having a hangover. When you get up and you feel like you've been hit by a truck. Luckily, the two songs had a similar kind of rhythm!

^thanks dude!

@children of cob: Yeah me too. He's just my alltime-favorite! I got the sound theories Vol. 1 & 2 for christmas...amazing.

If someone provides a scan of the article, I could translate some parts too.

none of the songs some relation with the Bodom Murders? well, at least for their wierd explanation, sounds music wise a bit diverse

That's so interesting I won't even start to speculate!

Bass Triplet: [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=TxdKgMVAPGg[/ame]

This makes me think that riffing in COB TV part 2 is indeed from the song Blooddrunk. Man I can't wait.

UK's Metal Hammer magazine flew to Helsinki to interview Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM recently to get the lowdown on their new album, "Blooddrunk". Frontman Alexi Laiho and keyboard player Janne Wirman were on hand to spill the beans.

Alexi: It isn't literally about beasts from the pits of Hell chasing you. It's about stupid things that youve done in the past that come back to haunt you. Whatever. At the end you still don't give a fuck!

Janne: Musically, it has become one of my favourites. In rehearsals you dont really hear his (Alexi) vocals but after everything got put together I became a fan of the first song.

2. Blooddrunk

Alexi: It's about being addicted to spilling your own blood. When I was younger, ten years ago I used to cut myself and all that shit. It's not necessarily just about cutting yourself but about other things you do to yourself and you don't know why. That's the theme of the album.

Janne: It is the first song since our debut album that has that triplet thing, so it feels really fresh musically.

3. LoBodomy

Janne: This is the most difficult to play. It's very aggressive. It's kind of progressive and all that shit.

Alexi: The whole song is super fucking angry. It's got that vibe to it: "These guys are super fucking pissed off!"

4. One Day You Will Cry

Alexi: Same here. It's very melodic and so forth but it's also like a punch in the face. Especially with this song, I'm really happy with the vocals. It came out like world music! (starts laughing)

Janne: Compared to some of our other stuff, it's almost like pop music! But it's cool.

Janne: It's based on a female character we know and that's all I can say! Is it about sexual perversion? I wish.

Janne: We didn't have that much interest in doing this song because we'd already recorded it once for this Bam Margera compilation "Viva La Bands Vol. 2". Even though it's a good song, it feels like there is no challenge left.

Alexi: It was nothing but trouble this song. We went through a million riffs and a million fucking arrangements and it always sounded like fucking shit no matter what we tried to do. And then we finally got it down but even in the studio it was a fucking drag. It was always missing something. Even after recording it we had to go back to it and change it again. But then finally we got the new chorus and it all fell into place.

8. Banned From Heaven

Alexi: This is my favorite to play. It is our slow song. It's like an old-school death metal ballad! It's very melodic, it's got a lot of rhythm and bass riffs on it.

9. Roadkill Morning

Alexi: We never had any extra songs, we put everything on the album but this time around we did actually have ten songs but we joined two of them together to become "Roadkill Morning" the last song on the album about having a hangover. When you get up and you feel like you've been hit by a truck. Luckily, the two songs had a similar kind of rhythm!

Sounds very cool indeed.

2. Blooddrunk

3. LoBodomy

4. One Day You Will Cry

8. Banned From Heaven

9. Roadkill Morning

sounds great.

2. Blooddrunk

3. LoBodomy

4. One Day You Will Cry

8. Banned From Heaven

9. Roadkill Morning

I really don't know what to expect. Some of the descriptions sound so different from what CoB do :lol:

That's so interesting I won't even start to speculate!

Bass Triplet: http://youtube.com/watch?v=TxdKgMVAPGg

This makes me think that riffing in COB TV part 2 is indeed from the song Blooddrunk. Man I can't wait.

When he said triples I think he was refferring to drum triplets, because I just don't imagin Henkka doing this things. 1)He plays with pick, so it's a bit difficult to do that; 2)He does his job ok, but he's not exactly a bass virtuoso, :lol:

About the riffing in COBTV 2 IMO it must be from Done With Everything, Die For Nothing because in the video Alexi appears angry at a riff that is not working (check my sig for the dialogue, :lol:), and in this article, in Alexi and Janne's words:

^thanks dude!

@children of cob: Yeah me too. He's just my alltime-favorite! I got the sound theories Vol. 1 & 2 for christmas...amazing.

If someone provides a scan of the article, I could translate some parts too.

He's just amazing, and he has a great style, definitely one of the greatest of the history of Guitar Playing.

About translation, it'll be great if you can tranlsate it, so let's wait and see if someone actually provides a scan.

Thought so too. Then again Janne kinda said he'd wanna fuck that lady, so I dunno.

"Janne: It's based on a female character we know and that's all I can say! Is it about sexual perversion? I wish"

I don't know, I get it more like it's was a joke about the lyrics, that we can interpret them in different view and that one of this view would be "sexual perversion", so like "a girl would have sex with the devil", but that the lyrics coulb be more "to play with the devil", like a daredevil.

Seeing it that way, it makes me think (really much) of Devil Mistress, Warmen.

It say "it's based" so we can think that's wrote by Alexi about her, or that she wrote it herself about her, anyway, we are going too far for (and with)nothing.