NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Just listened again to all the track-by-track videos and I realize that Under Grass And Clover is the only one I don't like. I mean, the song gets a lot better after that intro, but the of the track-by-track videos, this one really is the worst in my opinion.

Ok, Soon Departed sounds like a FANTASTIC song. I normally don't like their slower songs (Scream for Silence and Roundtrip were pretty good) but this sounds very dark, kinda reminds me of Widdershins. As much as I love Halo of Blood, this album very might well become my favorite Bodom album of all time.

Another cool track! Never thought they would come up with such a different sounding album after IWC, now I wait for Platitudes music video hopefully coming up on friday

Some things I like about it, the vocals and lyrics seem good and the chill keyboard.

Next Kuckleduster which I've been waiting for the most. It's likely it'll have extended solos or symphonies or a 1 minute intro.

Damn the wait seems so endless... CoB is actually the only band which get's me hyped for new songs

This is strange. After the disappointment that was IWC I had very little expectations for this one, but then when they talked about the neo-classical stuff etc. they got higher, and now with these samples I'm truly expecting the album to be very good, yet still at the same time, seeing where they came from (IWC), finding it hard to believe that the album could be as good as it seems to be.

New single tomorrow?

" Tune in to Gimme Radio tomorrow, Tuesday the 26th at 4pm PST/7 pm EST for an exclusive interview with our own Alexi Laiho!

Alexi and your host Jackie The Ripper will be discussing all things "Hexed" as well as playing our new singles. Tune in on your desktop or download the free Gimme Radio app at www.gimmeradio.com "

52642879_10156370305058737_3601347029931917312_n.jpg

I thought too at first, but I'm wondering. Since they say 'our new singles' I think it'll be This Road and Under Grass And Clover.
But I'll still check it out in case of.

New review:
https://midlandsmetalheads.com/children-of-bodom-hexed/

3,5/5

" A re-recording of 2004’s hidden gem “Knuckleduster” pushes the guitars to the forefront at the expense of the keys and melodies, but lacks the abrasiveness that made the original work so well. The solo stays fairly true to its source, but little changes in phrasing here and there see it lose that special something that had made it one of Laiho’s greatest leads. I can’t say that much of the lead work on the album is that great to be honest, which is a disappointment as I thought, at the time of release, I Worship Chaos had some of Laiho’s most inspired solos of the past decade or so. "

" At this point it’s compulsory to state that no, this is not in the same league as the first four records. Chances are no new Bodom album ever will be. With that out of the way, Hexed does no disgrace to their catalogue. There are some weaker moments, but there are no bad songs, and the ones that are good, are seriously good. With a palpable enthusiasm and energy that runs through the album, along with some intriguing new territory covered, Hexed is a statement both for now and for the future: Children of Bodom are alive, still kicking ass, and will be for some time to come. "

Wow that sounds again so cool! This may could become one of my Top 3 Bodom albums. Atleast it sounds that promising :eek: Also again the vocals are so dope

Sounds amazing. Only worse part is that riff at the verse, unfortunately (the keyboard backing is missing) but it could well be the best song. Remains to be seen if it's as good as the original or some changes weren't as good as hoped. It seems everything else is better except guitars sound muddy.

Knuckleduster sample does not disappoint. The main melody for the main riff sounds more clear to me and I can actually understand what Alexi is singing lol.

Hey guys, made this account when I found out about CoB back in the day... makes me feel old! I must say I'm impressed with the samples so far, Hexed may actually surpass HoB as their best post-2003 album.