New album update

Well Joey was never involved in the writing process, so I'm not sure exactly what he was expecting...

According to Charlie, the writing process of Anthrax is like a production line:
Charlie>>Scott>>Frank>>Joey>>Jon with re-arrangements and collaborations in between.

It sounds like the Amazon reviewer quoted was expecting a thrash record but Anthrax hasn't had a thrash record since POT and even that album showed signs that that band was moving towards writing more dynamic songs. FAK definitely solidified that with how the songs are arranged.

Last edited:
Glad that they are doing it. Jon sounds really good! I think they need to add at least one more new song. They made it sound like they were before the album came out. Talking about about how they can't wait to go out and play the new songs.

Anthrax's Joey Belladonna recording vocals for new album with producer Jay Ruston​

Held up in the studio with producer Jay Ruston, Anthrax frontman Joey Belladonna has begun record vocals for the band's upcoming release.

The band entered the studio in May of this year to begin working on their follow-up to 2016's For All Kings. Earlier this month, Belladonna shared a post via his Facebook page letting fans know that his recording process has begun.

Ruston shared the following:

This is our first week working on vocals, Joey really is a trooper, and he can sing and sing for hours.

Ruston shared the following:

This is our first week working on vocals, Joey really is a trooper, and he can sing and sing for hours.

Anthrax shares new music update: “Just trying to get something really, really magical”

M Joeyanthrax 111323

CREDIT: KRISTA BELLADONNA

Anthrax has shared another update from the recording studio as they continue to work on a new album.

According to a press release, singer Joey Belladonna has started tracking his vocals for the upcoming record.

“Every take I do has to be full of energy and full of impact,” Belladonna says. “So I’m knocking down every chair in the room to get to the other side, just trying to get something really, really magical.”

Anthrax previously shared in May that they’d entered the studio. The band’s most recent album is 2016’s For All Kings.

Copyright © 2023, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthrax_Mosher