New album update

I won't be listening until I have it in my hands but glad to hear it's great! I'm also glad to hear that Jon's solos are getting rave reviews since I really don't like the solo on Evil Twin.

Its to bad this got leaked so early, glad it sounds like everyone is digging it. You got to think that in this day and age there has to be something in the contract that protects the bands if it gets leaked early?? Maybe not, but man it happens all the time, you have to believe a band would take steps to protect themselves. What sucks is that nobody buys records the way it is. I am probably one of the few that still like to have a physical copy. I am old enough to have stuff on Vinyl and have still been buying new vinyl. Hopefully the comeback it has been making is not short lived.

The hooks really stand out. Joey wasn't kidding about making the hooks better on this album.

Makes me curious to hear the other songs that were purposely left off the album after the band was initially considered making it a double album (about 20 songs were written and recorded) with all new stuff initially.

Last edited:
Reactions: timmyc
I have now listened to FAK about 15 times from start to finish.

I would seriously rank this record above WM, and about on par with SOWN, which for me, comes only after ATL and POT.

Can't give this record much higher praise than that. Absolutely stellar.

Reactions: Anthrax_Mosher

I would seriously rank this record above WM, and about on par with SOWN, which for me, comes only after ATL and POT.

I would put this record on top if anything they have ever done,been a fan sicnr forever and listened plenty of times and there is still special lil things that keep growing on me,I did not think they had it in them ,even evil twin only really makes sense now amongst the whole record, one of the best that'd for sure,too many good songs now to pick 1 standout

Will be at that number of listens soon, been spinning it all week. Great album.

I actually need to give it a rest. Last thing I wanna do is overplay it.

Think it's time for some old Motorhead discs!!!!

Reactions: Mikey-Bong

OK, are you able to make a ''song by song '' review? Just to make me drooling ? i'm a bit maso! B-)

So, after listening. The riffs are CRUSHING on this album. Leads are so much better than anything in years from Anthrax, so nice to hear. I like this album more than the last 3 but I do NOT like modern metal chrouses. Too happy sounding. Overall, a great album with some tracks I don't like.

OK, are you able to make a ''song by song '' review? Just to make me drooling ? i'm a bit maso! B-)

You Gotta Believe - still think Impaled would be a better title :) great epic intro, interrupted by "painkillerish" thrash metal riff with modern edges
Monster At The End - the only one song that sounds a bit like something from Bushthrax era. A "rock" song in Anthrax terms.
For All Kings - one of the weakest songs on the album, the chorus sounds like a cheesy 80's metal
Breathing Lightning - melodic song with a catchy chorus, one of my favorites. Joey's "Safe Home"
Suzerain - one of the stronger songs, opens with pretty heavy riff (Anthrax's heaviest in years), memorable chorus
Evil Twin - didn't care for this one first but as someone else said, makes sense in the middle of this record. One of the better songs for sure.
Blood Eagle Wings - a filler if you ask me
Defend Avenge - the main riff reminds me of Metallica, another one with memorable chorus, I can see it being played live and people would scream those two words
All Of Them Thieves - probably my least favourite, sounds like a boring leftover from WM
This Battle Chose Us - love the bass in the beginning, the lead break with raging drums and the fast ending. The main part, not so much. A mid tempo song, the chorus sounds like something Dave Mustaine could write
Zero Tolerance - my favourite song, straight up thrash, somewhat reminds me of "Repentless".

Last edited:
Reactions: YOYOMOSHMAN
Im loving the new album so far, sucks that its leaked. There's a bit more melody/melodic stuff going on with this one but im diggin it. Im still getting the Poker and Digi Picture editions because thats the kind of Anthrax fan that i am!

I've been listening to FAK since Thursday afternoon and all weekend

As far as the song writing, each member of the band has really stepped it up. Each song has stronger riffs with addictive melodies and hooks. Spectacular music overall. Scott and Joey did a great job on the lyrics. The album feels like a concept album with each song taking you further along a journey.

I agree with what others were saying earlier in regards to thrills with no fills

IF the band decides to do an album sequel later this year to include the 10 or so songs omitted from this album, I'd be cool with that :D

Last edited:
So, after listening. The riffs are CRUSHING on this album. Leads are so much better than anything in years from Anthrax, so nice to hear. I like this album more than the last 3 but I do NOT like modern metal chrouses. Too happy sounding. Overall, a great album with some tracks I don't like.

I can't help but agree with this.

The bushthrax songs on this album are way better than the ones on WM, but I'm still no sure if I like them or not. "Defend Avenge" reminds me too much of Marilyn Manson. Other than that, I like the rest of it. I liked maybe 3 or 4 songs on WM, so I'd consider this one a huge improvement.

@johnnieCzech Thanks a lot! I don't understand what you mean as a '''filler'', a song for nothing, just to do the number??? :-/ When EvilTwin was presented, someone in the band said ''this name was choosed because this song look alike of an other song" they record. Wich one it is?

Holier than thou is the Metallica song u must be thinking of,it is very catchy and similar lol,I haven't have a chance to name all the track but I all the tracks,the few towards the end are even strong,maybe not the whole way thru but def enough catchy hooks to keep the ball rolling,I love breathing lightning and for all kings today lol,classic anthrax cuts

@johnnieCzech Thanks a lot! I don't understand what you mean as a '''filler'', a song for nothing, just to do the number??? :-/ When EvilTwin was presented, someone in the band said ''this name was choosed because this song look alike of an other song" they record. Wich one it is?

Actually the song Blood Eagle Wings starts to grow on me, at first I thought it's rather boring, slower song to fill some space. It's still not my favorite but it's probably better than I first thought :)
And I think Evil Twin has some similarities to You Gotta Believe - if anything.