New Angra Album

OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com
Looks like the new Angra album will be out in early/mid-Fall. There is plenty of news about it on their website, but check out the latest journal entry from Edu and Rafael. Oh, and it seems a world tour is in the works too! :hotjump:

www.angra.net
Hey, everybody!

We’ve just woken up and have great news to tell you: the new album is READY! So now we can finally talk about it with more certainty.

First of all, the songs are awesome! Really, really good! The production is perfect too, the sound of instruments is even heavier and clearer than in our previous albums. The band sounds more powerful and tighter as well.

This is a very complex record, truly sophisticated. It’s not just another metal album, it’s much more than that. The richness of the songs can be felt in the concept, the versatility, the spontaneity, the technic, the feeling and the emotions that flow throughout the whole record. It’s easy to figure out our emotions in the tracks. It’s a special thing, totally unconventional.

The story is about the saga of a crusader knight that ends up disputing the expansionist ideals of the Catholic Church in the eleventh century. He is known as The Shadow Hunter. His way of thinking changes step by step until he gets to the point of beginning a new reforming order. There’s a lot of things happening in his life and each song is a chapter of the story. It’s amazing to follow the lyrics as you listen to the songs. Each situation is totally different from the other.

Overall, this album is a bit longer than the others Angra has made so far. We tried to do something new and didn’t think twice about the possibility of experimenting. After all, we always focus in the artistic side and in what has been Angra’s most striking mark since day one: ORIGINALITY!

Today is July 14th and we are leaving for Japan. We’ll meet Kiko there (he’s going from Brazil) and the three of us are gonna promote the album. We’re doing a couple of acoustic gigs, plus interviews, photo sessions and so on. However, we look forward to coming back to Brazil and showing to the fans what we achieved in the new album, Angra’s very best in our opinion.

Thank you very much for your patience, support and wait!

Edu and Rafael.

I agree that they are more "special". I don't consider them Power Metal though - I think they are a mix of Prog and Power, with some tribal influences thrown in. At any rate, this next album should be great based on all the indications thus far...

Well I can't wait for their next release. They are an awesome band with the current singer. I thought the old singer was too whiney for me but the new one has a cool voice.
The only thing is, when they say world tour nearly every band misses out on Australia damn it.

I love "Rebirth"... but this album frightens me because it features appearances from people like Kai Hansen. I hope this album doesn't turn into goofball power metal.

Yngvai X said:
Personally I can't wait to hear the amazing Hansi Kursch trade vocal duties with Edu. \m/
blech! no need to remind me that my least favorite vocalist in metal is tainting the new Angra album! hopefully he's confined to one track

I love Angra, and the thought of them putting out a concept album is definitely very beautiful. I hope this album is on par, or better than Rebirth. That album was truly amazing.

>it features appearances from people like Kai Hansen.

All the more reason to get it! Kai (and others) have made guest appearances on Angra albums in the past, and they'll probably do it again.

>I hope this album doesn't turn into goofball power metal.

It won't. It'll just be cool power metal.