New Attack Attack album

I don't think people are raggin on his success, I for one think its great, but I just don't understand why no one wants to put in the time to mic an amp and some drums, seems to me that it's all about the samples, reamping and drum replacing/programming. I would love to hear a metal mix from someone here where everything is done old school.

How about the two latest Megadeth albums or the Soufly album by Mr. Sneap?

I'm really starting to hate a good bunch of people on this forum - stop being such little girls about everything. You don't have to show respect, but show some COMMON DECENCY for Christ's sake. Not everyone want's to be a cynical, pessimistic cunt about every tiny thing; stop dragging this forum down to your level.

well I don't know about you guys but I used a pod once and I don't know how Joey makes the tones he does with it. I hate those things(to use... not how they sound... unless I'm the one using it. haha)

I will admit that I can hear a Joey mix from a mile away - but why is that a bad thing? we should all be so lucky.

what, so being a great engineer is doing the same fucking mix over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again for every band that comes through his doors?
no.

No. But he's a great producer obviously. And regardless of how shitty the bands are that come through his door, they come out sounding super pro.

Whatever, so you don't like his shit, well guess what....I don't either. But I still think he's a nice friendly dude who regularly takes a beating on this forum but can still laugh about it. For that alone, he's got my respect.

GarethSE, you're turning the Andy Sneap forum into HCAF. You're an internet bully and your little tough guy schtick is running thin. Joey's contribution to this forum is enormous; all you have is an enormous post count (in HCAF fashion). You've crossed the line here. I'm a pro and I take offense in the way you attacked Joey for no reason. You're omnipresent here, get a life. You're 18 years old. 18 ffs!!! You don't know nothing about nothing, let alone playing the wise man of the Andy Sneap forum.

Hey lads....
I can understand that this band doesn't get only love all around...
And personally I think it's perfectly fine to voice an opinion about pretty much everything, also about Joey's (or any other person's) way of mixing.
But please edit your posts to keep the insults out, cause otherwise I'd have to delete them (have already been asked to do so)..
I really don't wanna do so, cause this forum has been fine without any kind of censorship/reglementations for a long time, and I myself don't dig the thread-deleting that's been going on lately.

also: it's cool to report a thread, but whenever you do so not only I get the message but also metalages....and you know that he'll be quicker with the delete button.
So if you don't want the censoring to get worse (and it's gotten worse in the past 2 months) please watch your language and consider sending me a PM if you really wanna have something changed.
whenever you report a post you must be aware of the fact that metalages is most likely gonna delete it....and we should try to not make that necessary

cheers

yes true... i mean joey gets his ass kissed here more often then not. But garret is going over the line here into blatant disrespect... to the point where no one should take him seriously.

Don't take it too seriously, that's just the way Gareth rolls, and personally I find his posts entertaining as hell :) I do understand it can seem pretty nasty to most, but I have a bit of a twisted sense of humor, anyway.

In the word of Devin Townsend...
"I'm a whore!"

Also, "I SUCK COCK FOR CRACK MONEY!"

I really don't wanna do so, cause this forum has been fine without any kind of censorship/reglementations for a long time, and I myself don't dig the thread-deleting that's been going on lately.
It had a completely different troll to member ratio. I'm not a fan of severe moderation either but I guess we are reaching the point in which it becomes inevitable.

Gareth, I like you, but this is way too far, it's not funny and it really is disrespectfull. You shouldn't just say, "I'm a loudmouth cunt, I say what I want on the internet, deal with it", it's stupid and pathetic, and an attitude completely seperated from the real world. Joey works with some terrible bands, I'm sure he'll admit that, his mixes all sound similar, again he'll admit that. They are all good mixes, and as a result get copied because they use commonly available equipment, there's nothing wrong with that, it's inevitable. Doesn't make him a bad engineer, and it doesn't give you an excuse to attack him and be horrible to everyone that disagrees with you.

Hate me if you want, but as you would say, I'm saying it like it is.

Joe

You're 18 years old. 18 ffs!!! You don't know nothing about nothing

Bit ageist there mate. Just because some people here are young doesn't mean they are less talented (I'll discount myself from this generalisation - I'm a lazy slob :lol:)

I don't really see what Gareths meant to have done wrong here, he's said many much more objectionable things here before, having said that any argument here seems to be the cue for the rose tinted spectacles brigade to come on and lord on about maturity, how this place is turning into [insert HCAF, Gearslutz], and how things were better in the old days (when Sneap used to post here!!!!!). :loco:

Gareth never said Joey was a bad engineer, just that his style has become repetitive, at the end of the day this is his opinion, I'm inclined to agree - in that, as I said before, most people (musicians, engineers, any members of society) tend to only come up with one good idea and repeat it for the rest of their lives - if you have anymore than one its a measurement for great success evidently.

Anyway, Joey's a big boy, I'm sure he can deal with the criticism dealt out here, there's no need to rush to his aid because someone said something negative about his working practices. Christ.

alright you fucking twats.

here's how it is. you think bands poor their heart into what they're doing? i can tell you for a fact that not even 50% of them are doing that. digital recording changed the name of the game. everyone is making music for hordes of reasons, but hardly any of them for the "love" of doing so.

there's a lot of you on this forum that do just that. you with your little peice of shit amp, in your bedroom, with your shitty native rig, just pooring out your soul into that computer. congrats to you on that, for real. a lot of bands even start out that way. "we do this because we love it!". thats great, but when you get further up the road, that dissapears quickly. what are you expecting attack attack to do? do you expect them to start playing worship songs about god and holding their chests while looking to the sky every night as they sing words of praise? do you expect them to hop off their successful wagon, and onto a bicycle with training wheels made up of shitty sounding mic'd up bass drums that have been to hell and back, unquantized super sloppy bull shit, no pitch correction terrible out of key held notes? you're a fucking idiot if thats what you expect. you're also a fucking troll for coming on here and yelling about it. go fuck your self! this is a business! they are a company, and they have a product.

perhaps the reason you're such a dipshit for whining about this on the forum is because you're so passionate about their success... maybe you wish you had your own. maybe you're jealous now... hah you're not? oh then SHUT THE FUCK UP

you think what i do is a joke? thats great man. but its no laughing matter that i've taken 5 people's shitty normal every day life and turned it into a rockstar travel around the world extravaganza over night. you can call me a fucking joke all you want, but the fact is i changed their lives. and they in turned have changed some other people's lives. all by a few "what you would call" mediocre songs. thats not a great thing? oh shit, my bad. i forgot we were supposed to make some sort of soul filled bull shit that kids like you would end up making fun of in a few years anyways because its basically the same as any other record out there up for interpretation.

its all relative and irrelevant.

you want to see me record a band with soul and passion... desire? hah! find them! send them my way! give them 15000 dollars! because no one else can, is, or will.

why? because its a souless market. you want soul? go down the street and listen to the 45 year old man who lives in an apartment.

you want uncorrected shitty sounding music? go fuck your self cuz the digital world destroyed that.

im tired of people giving me shit for who i record, or what i do. i record these bands because they have a need and i can full fill it. that is what i get paid for. i do what i do because it sounds good to me, and apparently to a lot of other people too.

until you can compete with me on that level, shut your fucking ass of a mouth because frankly you've caused me to not want to contribute to this cease pool of bull shit anymore.

I'ma gonna grab some popcorn, this thread seems to turn pretty entertaining. I do consider Sturgis very talented in what he does, but I don't think the fact that he's a regular here means it's forbidden to say anything negative about his works. He's gotten so much praise here I'm sure he doesn't go apeshit if someone disagrees for a change :)

And thanks for not jumping in on the thread-deleting wagon, Lasse! :)

i hope no one takes my last post as me going ape shit
cuz i could care less what naysayers have to contribute about what i should do
and just because i have something to say about it, doesnt mean i care
its just my perspective on how all of this is meaningless to go on about
if i changed what i did, even in the most respectful way of changes, i would probably sink, not swim

im swimming in my own way right now, and eventually, i'll be swimming in a different pond. but for now this is paying my bills, and is actually somewhat still interesting to me

until you can compete with me on that level, shut your fucking ass of a mouth because frankly you've caused me to not want to contribute to this cease pool of bull shit anymore.

Ok, on a certain level I understand you're pissed off at the people who bashed on your work, of course, but "contributing to this cease pool of bull shit?" That's a bit over the top, IMHO. If I recall correctly, even you got a shitload of help recently with your questions about making the leap to HD.

Disregard the occasional flaming, this forum is still a great resource of information, even to someone on a professional level.

i hope no one takes my last post as me going ape shit

Nah, just fighting fire with fire there, I guess :D It's teh intarnets, shit is bound to fly to and fro.

Great we lose a pro because of this useless kid (with a *great colourful personality*). Awesome. This forum HAS turned to HCAF.

Cut with the preemptive whinging already, your posts so far have been defined by cliches :rolleyes:

Ok, on a certain level I understand you're pissed off at the people who bashed on your work, of course, but "contributing to this cease pool of bull shit?" That's a bit over the top, IMHO. If I recall correctly, even you got a shitload of help recently with your questions about making the leap to HD.

Disregard the occasional flaming, this forum is still a great resource of information, even to someone on a professional level.

Nah, just fighting fire with fire there, I guess :D It's teh intarnets, shit is bound to fly to and fro.

i never meant to discredit this forum as a whole
i meant these bull shit pot shots at people

its no longer a place of learning when the knowledge spewing is the incoherent bashing of people like me