New band suggestion plz open to anything

y2p1988

New Metal Member
Mar 3, 2009
I'm kinda new to diggin hard into the metal scene because I try to listen to every genre I can get my hands on. Currently listening for awhile to SOAD, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera, CoB, Sepultura, Anthrax, BLS, Buckethead, Testament, thats the jist of it but I'm looking for any bands you could recommend from thrash to death metal,NO Hair Metal! I'm not extremely into music with screaming vocals, I enjoy powerful vocals more, but I don't mind so any bands would be great. I listen to everything because of the love of music so just throw some names out their I could use some help because top ten charts and the radio sure as hell aren't gona help me discover new music that I like.

I'm guessing you'll like stuff that's headbangable with a clean production.

Amon Amarth
Kreator
Kiuas

Pandora.com and LastFM are great ways to find new music. Also, if you want to find info on a band, look it up on www.metal-archives.com, will have links to myspaces, info, reviews, etc. Also, a band's myspace will have both the band's music and links to the myspaces of other, often similar, bands.

Hey thanks for some replies. I really like Amon Amarth and the lower vocals. I enjoy the screaming but when the singer is to high pitched it tends to bother with some bands when I have it cranked. Do you know any other bands with vocalists who are lower pitched but still grunt and scream?? And yes I must be able to head bang! Rock On Good People!

Try
Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh
Motorhead - Inferno
Cannibal Corpse - anything with Corpsegrinder on vocals
Dew-Scented - Inwards
Vader
Behemoth - Demigod

Yo check out the band "Anterior". They are so sick. The guitars are just absolutely ridiculous. Really melodic, fast, brutal, very musically technical.

Also, check out the band "Symphony X". They have clean vocals but it is really epic. Not cheesy like Stratovarious and Sonata Arctica. They are really progressive like dream theater. Original for sure. Check out the album, Odyssey.

Hey thanks for some replies. I really like Amon Amarth and the lower vocals. I enjoy the screaming but when the singer is to high pitched it tends to bother with some bands when I have it cranked. Do you know any other bands with vocalists who are lower pitched but still grunt and scream?? And yes I must be able to head bang! Rock On Good People!

I would definately recommend Insomnium, melodeath band like AA. The vocalist doesnt really scream but I find his low-pitched growl really enjoyable, its almost soothing in a weird way. They are pretty melodic and I personally find them very accessible for newcomers, not too heavy. Check em out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to recommend some more thrash to you...you NEED it.

Check out bands like:

Coroner
Atrophy
Tankard
Agent Steel
D.R.I.
Exodus
Destruction
Holy Terror
Helstar
Infernal Majesty
Sacred Reich
Heathen

If you want me to recommend albums I can do that too.

Also...if you're liking powerful vocals, maybe Helloween would be good too...who knows.

And as far as Death metal goes...

Obviously bands like:

Death
Autopsy
Gorguts
Dismember
Dissection (more of a black metal influence as well)
Morbid Angel
Obituary
Vomitory
Bolt Thrower

- Bekah

Thanks for all the help. Definetely got a ton of new music out of your posts. Its just tough to find new hard metal when no one u know listens to it so thanks to everyone for their posts.

Rock On Good People!
Spenser

older metal with powerful vocals u can try newer manowar(warriors of the world), for thrash you can get some overkill, kreator, definatly testament, metal church. not really into death metal so i couldnt tell you about that. you can try primal fear also.

Considering what you already like, i'd suggest Down, which features Rex and Phil from Pantera. Also, you might want to check out Dragonlord, which features Eric Peterson from Testament. Check out Opeth too. Everybody loves them. you cant not love them. yes, i used a double negative. they are that good.lol the best way to find new bands is to do some research on the bands you already like. try going to Metal Archives. you can see every band that the members of your favorite bands have been in.