Wanted: More Thrash metal!

I don't know nearly as much about all this "metal stuff" as either of you but in what way are The Crown a suggestion horrible enough to provoke this kind of response, especially considering that the guy who started the thread likes bands like Lamb of God and Slayer?

It sounds to me like this guy would like something that's uh....aggressive? Vio-Lence and Artillery don't fit that bill to me, with their WEAK sounding guitars and those shrill vocals that get higher and higher until the line ends and it starts all over again with the next one. The Crown and Maze of Torment are thrash metal to me and I really don't care if the battlediscussion einstein and you feel otherwise - or know better :] I'm sure there are a handful of other morons who think that these bands are, at the least, quite thrashy.

Thread title: "Wanted: More Thrash metal!

He's not asking for Death Metal and pseudo Melodic Death Metal bands like Maze Of Torment and The Crown. Not that they're bad bands, but they're not Thrash Metal, which is what he requested. He also listed Metallica and Megadeth, with whom Vio-Lence and Artillery fit nicely.

Lastly, it doesn't matter if those bands are thrash metal to you, as that has no bearing as to whether or not they actually are thrash metal. They've had Thrashy moments, but so do a lot of bands, and that doesn't make them Thrash Metal, so listing them as a Thrash Metal recommendation doesn't make senes. Don't take it personally, just know what you're talking about.

One band who i'm sure nobody has mentioned is the fairly obscure Despair from Germany, I enjoy their strangely theatrical tech-thrash/speed metal. Although I know many don't.

slayer- hell awits
morbid saint- spectrum of death
possessed- 7 churches
dark angel- darkness descends
bloodcum- death by a clothshangar
onslaught- the force
sepultura- arise
swashbuckle- I FORGOT THE ALBUM!!!!
exodus- bonded by blood
hypnosia-extreme hatred
massacra- enjoy the violence
(thrash)pentagram- any demo.