bands like lamb of god

I love LoG, and dislike Maiden and Priest. I wouldn't disrespect them that way, though. They made good music, apparently... it just doesn't fit my tastes.
How popular a band is in no way affects my opinion on them. My best quality in music taste tbh.
I agree completely, and I'm in the same boat as you here. I dislike both those bands. They're not bad bands, but just not my thing.

The be fair though, 1st Metalheads did assume SUAD was 14 because he felt LoG was the better band. Which I feel is a bit (well, very) immature.

Though SUADs response proved that he had the mentality of a 14 years old even though he's oldass deluxe (no offense Crimson_Velvet ;)), so 1st Metalhead was partly right. :>

Well, SUAD's response was extremely hasty, short-sighted, and overly-aggressive; not gonna lie.

But if someone made an arrogant assumption that I was 14, merely because I liked one band over a classic one, I'd be pissed too.

Anyways, I think we should get back on the topic at hand, finding bands similar to LoG. Maybe it won't look like this anymore:

trainwreck.jpg

Lets compare LoG lyrics to Iron Maiden lyrics!

" So goddamn easy to write this,
You make it spill on the page.
So drunk on yourself, self-righteous,
The laughing stock of your own fucking sage."

"
More pain and misery in the history of mankind
Sometimes it seems more like the blind leading the blind
It brings upon us more of famine death and war
You know religion has a lot to answer for"

I like how you picked LoG's absolute worst song lyrically (their worst song period, tbh) to compare. Why don't you pull up a song like As the Palaces Burn, Ruin, Hourglass, What I've Become, Now You've Got Something to Die For, Another Nail for Your Coffin, etc. and compare them. I'm not saying Maiden's lyrics were bad, but you can't make a comparison based on one song, and a terrible song at that.

Also about that the "hate them because they're popular" argument...
Congratulations on being an intelligent person, with some sort of perspective, Vossyrus.

I agree completely, and I'm in the same boat as you here. I dislike both those bands. They're not bad bands, but just not my thing.

The be fair though, 1st Metalheads did assume SUAD was 14 because he felt LoG was the better band. Which I feel is a bit (well, very) immature.

Well, it's not totally far fetched... LoG is amazingly talented musically, and if they're better in his opinion, then so be it. I hate the fact that no one can have a slightly different opinion without getting flamed on here.

When you are talking about two of the most influental, important and generally most liked bands in metal and say this about them:
...Those two bands are so GROTESQUELY inferior that it hurts me. I'll compare them ALL FUCKING DAY LONG, because Maiden and Priest SUCK. I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE fucking femininely queer vocals"...
You are bound to get flamed tbh.

Lets compare LoG lyrics to Iron Maiden lyrics!

" So goddamn easy to write this,
You make it spill on the page.
So drunk on yourself, self-righteous,
The laughing stock of your own fucking sage."

"
More pain and misery in the history of mankind
Sometimes it seems more like the blind leading the blind
It brings upon us more of famine death and war
You know religion has a lot to answer for"
Because it's sooo fruitful comparing lyrics. It's not like they're the most negligable part of a song or anything.
His complaint was that they were cheesy.
When you are talking about two of the most influental, important and generally most liked bands in metal...
You are bound to get flamed tbh.
Deservedly.

Honestly, without Maiden and Priest, do you think Lamb of God would exist?
Also, I'm willing to bet that if the members of LoG heard that someone said they were better than Maiden and Priest they would say something like this:
Thanks, man. That's very flattering, but...
ARE YOU FUCKING DEAF???

I'm 30 years old, fairly sure I could outwork you in the gym, and/or the ring. I have a wife, 2 children, and I pay a mortgage, faggot. Just because someone does not AGREE with you, does not mean you have the right to assume they're younger than you, idiot. Grow up yourself and get a goddamned brain, fool.

FUCK YOU. You want to present some personal shit, than go ahead and display you repertoire, asshole. I've been listening to metal for 20+ fucking years, and I don't kiss the ass of the "standard" trendy shit fucking metal bands of the 80's (most of the younger dudes who worship that shit won't understand what I mean). Go get fucked with your bullshit, or go ahead and prove I am inferior to you, shithead.
Hmm, you seem to have forgotten that ANYBODY can claim to be a genius, weightlifter, genius, etc. All I have to go by is posts that seem like something that came from an ignorant teenager. Going off on tirades against people on the internet is something that such a person would do. Cry me a river, it's the fucking internet.
Edit: Also, just to clear some things up, I do like LoG, just not enough to buy anything yet.

I like how you picked LoG's absolute worst song lyrically (their worst song period, tbh) to compare. Why don't you pull up a song like As the Palaces Burn, Ruin, Hourglass, What I've Become, Now You've Got Something to Die For, Another Nail for Your Coffin, etc. and compare them. I'm not saying Maiden's lyrics were bad, but you can't make a comparison based on one song, and a terrible song at that.
I wasn't really being serious. I like LoG tbh.

Yeah Lamb of God would exist without Maiden and Priest. Power Metal & Heavy Metal =/= Metalcore & Post-thrash. LoG in particular doesn't seem to have much in common with those bands. I mean, sure, you can argue that if you take out one band in the chain, all the bands cease to exist, but I think that's a pretty big leap in judgment. Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't exist. The more important thing is that it doesn't matter. What's good is good, and that means Lamb of God, and not Maiden or Judas. ;)

Well, SUAD's response was extremely hasty, short-sighted, and overly-aggressive; not gonna lie.

But if someone made an arrogant assumption that I was 14, merely because I liked one band over a classic one, I'd be pissed too.

Going back over what I posted, I have to agree with this entire post. A bit too snippy, but I really hate having some kid assume that I'm younger than him based on musical taste, like you have pointed out here.

Hmm, you seem to have forgotten that ANYBODY can claim to be a genius, weightlifter, genius, etc. All I have to go by is posts that seem like something that came from an ignorant teenager. Going off on tirades against people on the internet is something that such a person would do. Cry me a river, it's the fucking internet.
Edit: Also, just to clear some things up, I do like LoG, just not enough to buy anything yet.

Meh, no one's crying, it's all good. Just don't assume anything about people on the net, eh? You had nothing that indicated "ignorant teenager" from me, buddy. Well...until I lost my temper, that is.

You had nothing that indicated "ignorant teenager" from me, buddy. Well...until I lost my temper, that is.
That would be right about when I drew the assumption. :) Before that I was just harping on a weak spot in your posts to attempt to 'define' my own tastes better. It's surprising just how enlightening arguments can be. Often brings opinions and points out into the open.

Yeah Lamb of God would exist without Maiden and Priest. Power Metal & Heavy Metal =/= Metalcore & Post-thrash. LoG in particular doesn't seem to have much in common with those bands. I mean, sure, you can argue that if you take out one band in the chain, all the bands cease to exist, but I think that's a pretty big leap in judgment. Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't exist. The more important thing is that it doesn't matter. What's good is good, and that means Lamb of God, and not Maiden or Judas. ;)

Um. Maybe Maiden and Priest made metal what it is, and you're being a while musically they may not draw to heavily on them, they draw on bands that were inspired by them, and they draw on the whole attitude and energy of 80s metal, of which Priest and Maiden were the frontrunners. Just maybe.
And maybe, just maybe, Maiden and Priest are far more visionary, talented, creative, and awesome than Lamb of God. And maybe, just maybe, you're being an idiot to suggest otherwise.

and you're being a while musically they may not draw to heavily on them

what?

And maybe, just maybe, Maiden and Priest are far more visionary, talented, creative, and awesome than Lamb of God.
By doing what? dressing in fruity stage apparel, utilizing fantasy lyrics half the time, and having over-blown stage props? That may have inspired Slipknot, but I doubt that Lamb Of God is going to have a hard time competing with that style, and as to these band being more "awesome" than Lamb Of God....uh...lol?

And maybe, just maybe, you're being an idiot to suggest otherwise.

Ahhhhh damnit, we all have different opinions, and no one is an "idiot" for having a different opinion, dude. I may think some bands you like are laughable and vice-versa, but damn,it's not like someone has personally insulted you based on liking a different band.